1/48 Monogram Vietnamese Command Junk (Photo Heavy)

This is my representative version of a VNN motorized Yabuta Command Junk, c.1966. It is an extensive modification of the venerable 1/48th Monogram Vietnam Command Junk, kit# PB181. This is also my first model posting to Britmodeller. Command junks normally mounted one .30 cal and one .50 cal machine guns along with a 60mm mortar. All my mods and color scheme are based on photos of wartime Yabutas found on the internet.

Most of the work was completed some time ago but I had to shelve the project until I found a decent photo of the screw, rudder and keel. Last item added was the 60mm mortar which I scratch built because I couldn’t find one in 1/48th scale. I was going place sand-bags around it but decided to let it go as is. The only aftermarket parts used were the .30 & .50 cals from Hauler and an M.V. Products lenses for the spotlight.

265000-12192-31_zpshdc7x2i1.jpg

DSCN4444_zpsh33zmyum.jpg

DSCN4597_zpsh9skfcwt.jpg

DSCN4612_zpsn298bcju.jpg

DSCN4617_zpsmhjmb6hg.jpg

DSCN4620_zpshonnsc5t.jpg

DSCN4609_zpsztki9tge.jpg

DSCN4619_zpsqmxo643l.jpg

DSCN4614_zpsitmhnike.jpg

DSCN4604_zpsqjabrplv.jpg

DSCN4605_zpsff4l0fw3.jpg

DSCN4607_zpsuplmsmau.jpg

DSCN4610_zpsrbheei8e.jpg

DSCN4599_zpsj2hps34s.jpg

• Like 28

...Are you going to do a WIP on the X Craft

Kev

I guess I can put up some info on WIP. I would think there is some interest since it is a nice kit and there was an earlier X-Craft WIP which actually inspired me to get the kit. Look for something in the next couple of days.....I am slow on completing kits since my modeling time comes in short bursts.

Rick in Virginia

A quick check back and I see that it was YOUR X-Craft thread in the WWII discussion forum that got me started :thumbsup:

Edited by RFindley
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Now that is nice do not know how I missed it first time around like the well worn paint work on the hull.

Not one you often see around here great build though :goodjob::goodjob:

Beefy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...