Thanks, Paul, and best wishes for the New Year :)

As I said, I have Revell's kit in 1/72 and find this aircraft very interesting. So, I'll do it as soon as possible, which won't be any time soon, I'm afraid... Too many models and too little time...

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Your looking in good shape Paul. I do recall a bit of gap between the wing and fuselage if memory serves correctly, but nothing you can't overcome. it was a very big beast parked on the flightline. Happy Holidays, keep modelling.

Cheers

Craig

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,Craig.Many thanks for your very kind reply.The more I get into this kit the more I enjoy it.Thank you for the 'gap warning'.The clear parts are as clear as crystal and will be fitting inner cockpit windshield later in the build.All the very best,Paul.

Thanks, Paul, and best wishes for the New Year :)

As I said, I have Revell's kit in 1/72 and find this aircraft very interesting. So, I'll do it as soon as possible, which won't be any time soon, I'm afraid... Too many models and too little time...

Cheers

Jaime

Hello again,Jaime - I know you'll make a grand job of your Revell version.I'm very much like yourself in as far as I enjoy modelling immensely when the opportunity arises.I guess one of the great things about this hobby is that you can pick it up for a few minutes,an hour or whatever.My apologies for not asking earlier but I hope the German Tutorial went okay for you.As always,Paul.

She's looking very good now Paul, coming together nicely!

John

Hello,John - Many thanks for your very kind reply.Since this most recent update,I've completed the main wing section and the next stage will be permanently fixing it to the fuselage.All the very best for the New Year,Paul.

Hi Paul,

Great job on the wings, the bird is looking impressive!

Hello again,Jaime - I know you'll make a grand job of your Revell version.I'm very much like yourself in as far as I enjoy modelling immensely when the opportunity arises.I guess one of the great things about this hobby is that you can pick it up for a few minutes,an hour or whatever.My apologies for not asking earlier but I hope the German Tutorial went okay for you.As always,Paul.

Yes, I like modelling a lot. However, time is limited and sometimes the mood is not present when I have a few moments available for modelling... The result is a glacial pace of work on my builds.

Thanks for asking about the German tests. I was quite pleased to get above 80% marks :) As it was just like the Certification Test, I'm confident to do it right after finishing this grade, in mid-February.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hello,Friends - A little more progress to update.The main airframe has been 'pre-prime' filled and prepared.'Green Stuff' was used on the worst joint (underside fuselage/wing joint). The remaining few areas were filled with 'Perfect Plastic Putty' by Deluxe Materials.This white filler is superb for small 'cosmetic' treatment.This filler will be sealed with a drop of matt enamel paint,thinly applied by brush,to prevent the risk of it dissolving under the acrylic car primer.Thank you for viewing and wishing you all 'Good Health and Every Happiness for the New Year'. All the very best,Paul.

image.jpg2_zps5xmikkti.jpg

image.jpg1_zps6hdrsgky.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsplw9kiqo.jpg

• Like 2

Taking shape really nicely, Paul. I hope you're enjoying your first WIP :)

Cheers

Jaime

Bless you Jaime - My sincerest thanks as always.Progress,as we both understand and appreciate,is slow at the moment.I am enjoying this first WIP and just hope I can complete the build successfully."All's crossed"!!All the very best to you for the New Year,Paul.
  • Like 1

Paul,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I had an old part-started Monogram F-101B, together with a Black Box resin cockpit detail set, which I was on the verge of disposing of. Having read the reviews/feedback on the Kittyhawk F-101 Voodoo kit, I think I'll hold on to it now and watch your WIP with interest….it may just prompt me to re-start my CF-101B project……keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Hello John,Jan and Tiger331 - Happy New Year,Gentlemen.Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated replies and interest in this build.Yes,it's good to get the airframe to this point but there will no doubt be a bit more cosmetic work to do post-prime.

It was my intention from the start to build this kit just as Monogram made her,'warts and all'. However,she would make a superb platform for a super-detailing project.I don't know what aftermarket items are available for this kit but I replaced the original decals with'Caracal Models CD48058 which covers Minnesota,North Dakota and Texas ANG Units.I'm going for the Texans as that was the option on the original sheet.

Tiger,I haven't seen the Kittyhawk kit so I wouldn't like to make a comparison but if you still have your Monogram version I'd be tempted at the very least not to part with her.

Hoping the future updates will show better progress and be more interesting for you.All the very best,Paul.

Rareplanes did a Voodoo? First I've heard of it, and I have owned at least one of every Rareplanes kit since they first appeared. Can you post photos?

Apologies for the delayed reply Space Ranger,

I moving house in the next week so everything is packed but when I get a chance I will post some photos for you,

Cheers

Viv

• 1 month later...

Hello Friends - After what seems like too long a time from some Fettling Therapy I've at last been able to make some progress with my Voodoo build.The main airframe and tanks are primed up.I've used the trusty Halfords Acrylic Primer.I've noticed just a couple of small bits which need only a little extra cosmetic work.I'm now working on the other items to bring them up to the same stage.Hope she meets with approval.All the very best,Paul.

image.jpg1_zpsoztaxean.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsktnmdvzk.jpg

image.jpg3_zpshycor6as.jpg

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 5

Looks great so far Paul, almost a shame to paint it! Not really a fan of the Voodoo, but this looks very pleasing to the eye for some reason

Cheers

Neil

Hello,Neil - Many thanks for your kind reply.I understand your thoughts.Personally(although you'd never guess!?;)) I love the Phantom and Strike Eagle but with having this Voodoo kit for such a long time I thought I needed to get her on the ramp next to these other family members to complete the line-up.My liking of the subject has grown as the model has progressed.It's a big beast!!:) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Just catching up with this, love the Cold War era machines, and the 'one o wonder' is a beast! It's coming on great, how did you get on with the engines? When I tried building one the engines ended up looking rather poor due to trying to eradicate the joint line and ruining the raised details. Always thought it was a good candidate for resin replacements.

Keep up the good work

• Like 1

Just catching up with this, love the Cold War era machines, and the 'one o wonder' is a beast! It's coming on great, how did you get on with the engines? When I tried building one the engines ended up looking rather poor due to trying to eradicate the joint line and ruining the raised details. Always thought it was a good candidate for resin replacements.

Keep up the good work

Thank you,ForestFan - The engines are probably the toughest areas and yes,the surface detail has disappeared in the process.To be honest,I'm not really concerned about that because I plan on painting these sections with metal shades and using masking tape for the sharp edges and as a section width-gauge.In respect of her Monogram vintage,I'm trying to deviate as little as possible from the basic kit with this build.Apart from that aspect,resin replacements would be worthwhile.Maybe it would be good to see a new release of this subject in this scale? All the very best,Paul.