Hasegawa 1/48 - Ju87B-2 'Stuka' Desert

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to show you recently finished model. A Hasegawa 1/48th scale Stuka bomber. As usual couple words about the kit first. It was quite old kit, but as you can expect from this manufacturer still nicely moulded and detailed. One downside was the decals. They were yellowish after all those years. I didn't pay any attention to it until I reached the level when I had to put them on.. Followed the advices online, I left them in the window for couple days, in the nights for couple hours left them in the UVB light. Still a bit yellowish I was desperate to finish it, so put them on and.. well, most of the yellow tint disappeared! MAGIC:)

Seatbelts homemade with masking tape and a bit of wire. Used only Eduard masks and swastikas by ExtraDecals.

Build was going fine until the very last things to do..

While matt-varnishing it, Stuka Diving (important word) Bomber took his first dive into the ground, The pilot didn't manage to pull up and the aircraft crashed quite badly.. Fortunately I found all the pieces and left the german engineers do the work and there it is two days later:

Enjoy!

stuka1.JPG

stuka13.JPG

stuka14.JPG

stuka15.JPG

stuka2.JPG

stuka3.JPG

stuka4.JPG

stuka5.JPG

stuka6.JPG

stuka7.JPG

stuka8.JPG

stuka9.JPG

stuka10.JPG

stuka11.JPG

stuka12.JPG

Thanks!

Bart

• Like 21

Nicely done, as you say the yellowing is hardly noticable and adds to the air of desert scruffiness!

love the mottle work, very Western Desert!

Really nice looking Trop. I love a nice Stuka and this is a good one. And those yellowed decals do look nicely weathered for the desert.

As for the dive off the table, I guess that will teach the pilot for disabling his auto pull out. But it seems to have recovered well.

Sick paintscheme. Absolutely fantastic. Brush painted?

Yellow lines brush painted. Rest pretty much airbrushed, apart from some details.

Very nice. Love that paint scheme. Can I ask how you did it?

Allan

Thanks, Sure you can. I've airbrushed the undercarriage, and masked it off. Then airbrushed green colour. The rest is slow and careful brush work. I've painted random lines silimiar to the one on instructions. Three coates with thinned paint. It actually took my almost 2 hours for one coat, so when I finished a coat, I could start the next one:) Take breaks, or you'll end up with stiff hand next day:)

Thanks everyone!

Hi Bart,

great looking Stuka and devilish paint scheme!

It is uncanny, as it is the scheme I am doing on my (very) old 1/72 Revell Stuka. Fun!

I am just wondering whether the tip of the spinner should not be yellow instead of white?

Beautiful!!!

JR