Wehrmacht Runneround's "Beetle"& Kubelwagen.

stevej60

Hi folk,s I know I really shouldn't start another build right now but saw this and couldn't resist,the German army's version

of the "Beetle".I have no idea of the kit's origins but I suspect it's not Revells own,It comes in the new style box

DSCN0298%20640x480_zpspl5yvfcs.jpg

Revel give you a new style glossy manual with very good new style instructions and full colour schemes(3)

DSCN0303%20640x480_zpsirfksyql.jpg

A sprue of components molded in gray with two styles of wheels and a clear sprue for the window's

DSCN0299%20640x480_zpsgpmefx3u.jpg

And the floor pan and body as two single pieces

DSCN0300%20640x480_zpslcozippd.jpg

The molding is beautifully done and it looks like a quick simple build with two sand coloured options and an earlier dark

gray scheme there was a huge molding "pip" right in the centre of the roof which thankfully was easily removed so when

I get a minute off we go.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,I made a start this morning on this one,I decided on the gray version so the floor pan was painted Tamiya German gray and as per the

instructions the wood slatting painted a suitable shade.I added the front and rear axle's and rear wheel hubs then built up the four part front seat's

and fixed them into place along with the rear one piece bench seat,again as per the instructions painted them gray along with the door interiors.

DSCN0324%20640x480_zpsr7difvff.jpg

DSCN0327%20640x480_zpsvegtleqb.jpg

• Like 3

More progress with the interior finished,the instructions tell you to glue the door interiors to the body shell but I prefer to fix them as seen,the body

then pop's into place as it should.Thank's for looking in.

DSCN0328%20640x480_zpst1gbbson.jpg

DSCN0330%20640x480_zpswhoikhux.jpg

• Like 3

Hi folk's the Beetle is sprayed and unmasked and if you notice a change in the title to now include Italeri's Kubelwagen which I picked up today.

Here,s the Beetle.

DSCN0333%20640x480_zpspm6zzcpl.jpg

And box art and major component,s of the kit,I was suprised by the addition of a tent and radio equipment as well as the advertised figures!

DSCN0335%20640x480_zpskpcstoyb.jpg

DSCN0336%20640x480_zpslkosq2rl.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Steve. The Beetle is looking excellent and that Kubelwagen kit, with the figures, tent and radio equipment looks like a great find! Now it's got to be: :popcorn::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Steve. The Beetle is looking excellent and that Kubelwagen kit, with the figures, tent and radio equipment looks like a great find! Now it's got to be: :popcorn::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank,s Stix I,m really enjoying these vehicle build's and will probably stick with them for now I,ve just lost interest with "wingy" thing,s for the moment

once I get back into thing's I want to move up to an armour build probably a Panther or Sherman as Tamiya's early boxing's are pretty cheap to pick

up right now.

• Like 1

just spotted a Beetle in "The Saboteurs" (finally catching up with watching that, a rather good series.... Grey version in a Norwegian snowy scene with a kubelwagon (which actually seemed to be yellow/green camo scheme

• Like 1

Hi all,just a quick update,started dry brushing the Beetle and got a bit carried away with the Kubelwagen and got to the stage of weathering too,the

tyres need another coat if paint and the interior seating need's adding,popped the windscreen and hood on for a dry fit.

DSCN0338%20640x480_zpsaaqbesvf.jpg

DSCN0339%20640x480_zpsw39l5rjf.jpg

• Like 4

Morning folks,just a little progress in as much as both received a coat of gloss for decals after a dry brush of off white,then a dark wash into the

recessed panels and after decals a very light mist of earth over the lower areas.I am running a tan wash into the tyres and wheel arches and

running boards then I can add the various glazed parts after a matt coat.

DSCN0350%20640x480_zpsjt7kc1ke.jpg

DSCN0351%20640x480_zpsgeicmb3v.jpg

• Like 2

They look really good. There is one comment that caught my attention. You mentioned about running a Tan wash into the tires. What does that do ? Does it simulate dirt in the grooves of the tires ? Please pardon my curiosity. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to armor and vehicles so I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks. Bob H.

• Like 1

They look really good. There is one comment that caught my attention. You mentioned about running a Tan wash into the tires. What does that do ? Does it simulate dirt in the grooves of the tires ? Please pardon my curiosity. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to armor and vehicles so I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks. Bob H.

Hi Bob,that,s exactly the reason gives a dry dusty look to the kit hopefully the "after" pictures will reveal all.

Hi Bob,that,s exactly the reason gives a dry dusty look to the kit hopefully the "after" pictures will reveal all.

Thank you sir. I'm really enjoying your build. Keep up the good work. Bob H.

Hi folk's little update on the Kublewagen,the canvas hood is painted and screen added and a final wash of tan to give a "dusty" look to the recessed

areas,I need to weather the windscreen next and add the few remaining pieces.

DSCN0355%20640x480_zpspednkpbp.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wo ist dem Schwimmwagen, der muss ein Schwimmwagen sein! Ha Ha, :police: looks really good. Have you thought to add a Schwimmwagen? Thanks for sharing, Brian

Thank,s Brian I may add the Schwimmwagen soon,check out armour RFI both vehicles are finished and posted.