1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

7 hours ago, DIO said:

Ridiculously expensive. Like all their latest releases.

Don't buy it!

The only way to make them realize!

Price is one thing,  a reasonably good kit another....

A part you are going to pay mainly for the plane type , after all a "first" on the market and the excessive weapons aka shear plastic  volume... not for a superbly engineered super detailed kit.....

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

I've seen photos of a build, but it's for a mag and I can't share. The person building it has corrected the nose quite easily and to me, it looks way better for very little work done. I won't be paying £100+ for one either, going to wait a bit..

• Like 1

On 15/01/2017 at 9:06 AM, madcop said:

Hey , why would you pay 100 + for a  maker who can't spot the nose shape. That says long about their competence, if they can't even get the obvious nose typical shape right, just guess for the rest.

I know what to do with my bucks...wait for a decent kit whose got the basic right !  May take a while , I don't care !

Bye, bye Trump...eter ! 

Madcop.

Just wondering what manufacturer that your kits from as i cant think of one manufacturer with an unblemished record.

None...zero...zip.

As we have been waiting for an SU-34 for like twenty years and i have learnt the ability to use a file and sandpaper this kit will come together brilliantly.

Bye bye Madcop...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radleigh said:

I've seen photos of a build, but it's for a mag and I can't share. The person building it has corrected the nose quite easily and to me, it looks way better for very little work done. I won't be paying £100+ for one either, going to wait a bit..

Thats reassuring, I was hoping it would be the case with the nose. Likewise though I will wait for the price to drop/see what crazy old Kitty Hawk come up with.

4 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Can you say "how" he corrected it? When I look at it, I want to take a sanding stick to it and reshape the profile. I would buy the magazine specifically for that purpose if it is described in detail.

9 hours ago, DarrenH said:

Just wondering what manufacturer that your kits from as i cant think of one manufacturer with an unblemished record.

None...zero...zip.

As we have been waiting for an SU-34 for like twenty years and i have learnt the ability to use a file and sandpaper this kit will come together brilliantly.

Bye bye Madcop...

Generally speaking I agree. But for HobbyBoss specifically, all their latest releases are overpriced.

What makes this even worse, is that they also suffer from the Trumpyboss syndrome, where one has to find the all the inaccuracies before proceeding to a built.

Or, buy all the after-market for each release, that raise the total cost even higher.

If the quality and accuracy was more like Tamiya, Hasegawa and AMK, I would have kept the above comments to myself.

Just because this is not the case, every single time they release an inaccurate and overpriced new kit, I will be there to strongly comment on that.

I feel this as being my duty and the least I can do, trying to protect our hobby for becoming another one for the very few.

Edited by DIO

5 hours ago, DIO said:

Generally speaking I agree. But for HobbyBoss specifically, all their latest releases are overpriced.

Well, it depends on where you can get the kit from. For me in Singapore, I can get the HB Fullback for about £54. Recently I helped a friend in the US purchase and ship him 6 kits. The total he paid was only £82 per kit. So it looks like it is the distributors who are the reason for the inflated prices that you are paying. 

Mark

16 hours ago, Blue_Centurion said:

Can you say "how" he corrected it? When I look at it, I want to take a sanding stick to it and reshape the profile. I would buy the magazine specifically for that purpose if it is described in detail.

He has done exactly that, just sanded to shape... not gone through the plastic.

8 hours ago, madcat911 said:

Well, it depends on where you can get the kit from. For me in Singapore, I can get the HB Fullback for about £54. Recently I helped a friend in the US purchase and ship him 6 kits. The total he paid was only £82 per kit. So it looks like it is the distributors who are the reason for the inflated prices that you are paying. 

Mark

Looks like you should set up a mail order shop Mark!

1 hour ago, chrisov said:

Must admit I was looking more at the £54 which is about half UK current price, then of course theres the P&P if hand lugage not an option.

It looks tempting but be wary, I fell into a similar trap pre-ordering a Tamiya 1/48 Tomcat, when I put my order in the price in GBP including shipping looked like it would be at least £15-£20 lower than the predicted UK price, but we had Brexit in between and the pound plummeted  and then when it came time to ship, the box was too big for SAL shipping so it had to go via EMS which is more expensive and also meant it was delivered the UK end via Parcelfarce instead of regular Royal Mail and as often happens when PF are involved the parcel got caught for duty too, it ended up costing me probably £25-£30 more than they were retailing for in the UK.

I suspect the box for this one will be on the large size too, just something to be aware of.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2015 at 4:35 PM, kotey said:

You know, in Russia Su-34 have two nicknames - Hellduck (becouse of dark grey painting) and Ugly duck (in memory of G.H. Andersen tails)

I am sure you mean H.C. Andersen. Remember, you have no "H" in Russian, and H.C. was Danish, and you are writing in English. 

• 3 weeks later...

if someone has to spare more than US$ 50 for shipping: :banghead:

here you can find be a still rather high kit price at Luckymodel:

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=HB-81756

shipping costs are rather high over there lately!.....

no new kits from LM then......

Edited by exdraken

18 hours ago, exdraken said:

In fairness the smaller boxed kits are still around US$10 for shipping - "Small parcel" is stated by the shipping quote for such things, but not next to the Su-34 quote... That does rather suggest that these larger boxes fall into a much steeper cost category.

I wonder if they would sell me just the aircraft, minus all those weapons in a box half the size for half the price and US$10 shipping?

Theres an idea eh...? ;)

Edited by RMP2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, exdraken said:

Have you seen the size of the box?

29704831813_43ae7cd9d7_b.jpg

Mark

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madcat911 said:

Have you seen the size of the box?

Mark

I have the Su-24 kit and it is in an enormous box as well.

still 50$ for shipping of a kit is a no brainer... to me at least! absolutely no benefit in ordering  overseas!

and at shipped $140 I can buy it locally as well. with guaranteed no added toll fees...

maybe kit manufactures will learn one day that they sell more kits if the boxes are smaller and shippingc costs are lower

not necessarily more when loads of (sometime even questionable) weapons are included and kitbox as well as shipping costs are enormous!....

just my 2 cts....