1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates from anyone anywhere on the availability of a third-party nose? I'm at a point in my build where I'm about to start work on the airframe. I suppose I *could* live with the kit nose but......well....

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/redstarscalemodels/posts/921440447981138

Greetings friends!!! Happy 2018! It’s been a while since we last posted anything. First to dispel any rumors, we are still here, but have been on hiatus for the later part of 2017. The old version of the web store is shut down, but will make a return soon in a new form more suited to the changes we have been making. For 2018 going forward our primary focus will be on our own line. To that end, we are happy to show off the first prints of our Su-34 nose corrections. You can see the 1:48 version compared to the kit part, and then the third photo shows the two different scales. The 1:48 version needs an ever so slight sizing change (it’s about .75mm off in the current form) and then it’ll be ready. Look for more information through this week. Order information coming very shortly!

Aucun texte alternatif disponible.

V.P.

9 hours ago, Homebee said:

Do not think I understand what rsm is trying to show us here...

Are they going to provide a front section only replacement for the radarless prototyp nose?????

Who is going to buy that?

Or do I miss smthg?

Edited by exdraken

2 hours ago, ICMF said:

Why is the 1/48 part smaller than the 1/72 part, and why do the two parts have different shapes?  :huh:

It’s not just me that thinks that then!👍

5 hours ago, ICMF said:

Why is the 1/48 part smaller than the 1/72 part, and why do the two parts have different shapes?  :huh:

It is explained by Red Star, the 1/48 version only requires a small portion of the nose, not the whole nose.

I believe the replacement nose starts on the panel line shown on the Facebook page to the tip.

Juan

11 hours ago, jsolo said:

It is explained by Red Star, the 1/48 version only requires a small portion of the nose, not the whole nose.

I believe the replacement nose starts on the panel line shown on the Facebook page to the tip.

Juan

yeah, probably shape wise that is correct, but definitely not panel line wise!

Neomega seems to provide a full nose cone replacement!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...