1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

bentwaters81tfw, on 31 Dec 2015 - 8:28 PM, said:

Yeah, bring it on. Don't forget it's already 2016 in China, if you don't allow for their idea of New Year!

Eeeuh, Chinese New Year is on Monday, February 8th, 2016. :coolio:

V.P.

Sorry to be the first to point out the emperors new clothes..... but the LERX should be straight edged....

7571962.jpg

Don't blame me..... I'm just saying....

Hopefully, there'll be an extra edge part in the kit. :whistle:

Happy New Year

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 2

Sorry to be the first to point out the emperors new clothes..... but the LERX should be straight edged....

7571962.jpg

Happy New Year

Ken

I hope this extra tin lerx will be part off the top fuselage

• Like 1

I hope this extra tin lerx will be part off the top fuselage

That is what I thought when I first saw the photo of actual Su-34/image of the Trumpeter lower fuselage. Be good to see the remainder of sprues. Cannot wait for this - a 1/48 Su-34 :)

Edited by azzaob

• 3 weeks later...

7571962.jpg

Happy New Year

Ken

Holy SMOKES!!!

How do these guys make such a HUGE mistake? Are they complete twits? :hanging:

Holy SMOKES!!!

How do these guys make such a HUGE mistake? Are they complete twits? :hanging:

Only the bottom fuselage half has been shown so far so it's too early to know if they've done any mistake. The photo suggests the LEX should be on the top fuselage half.

Edited by Laurent

• 2 months later...

Oh no !! - they have it completely wrong !!!! :analintruder:

They've mis-spelled 'SU-34' - it isn't capital SU - but capital S, small u - for the first two letters of Pavel Sukhoi's surname !!

Su-34, NOT SU-34 - pronounced "Soo thirty four" - NOT "Ess You thirty four".

Totally unbuildable unless they change it....... :oops:

Ken

PS - On a more serious note - the box art doesn't appear to show the upper wing fences as fitted to the latest machines - but I'll reserve judgement.

Edited by Flankerman
  • Like 2

They've mis-spelled 'SU-34' - it isn't capital SU - but capital S, small u - for the first two letters of Pavel Sukhoi's surname !!

Well that is something I didn't know, thank you for enlightening me.

PS - On a more serious note - the box art doesn't appear to show the upper wing fences as fitted to the latest machines - but I'll reserve judgement.

This was picked up by someone in the Facebook post, Trumpeter/Hobbyboss's response is that they are included, i guess time will tell :winkgrin:

Oh no !! - they have it completely wrong !!!! :analintruder:

Totally unbuildable unless they change it....... :oops:

Ken

There are beautiful photos of newly built machines with some kind of new antenna in front of windshield . Also note wingtip ecm pods Khibina are not the same.

http://wizarden.livejournal.com/104404.html

P

I'm going to guess the SU is like that due to the font, some fonts remain in capitals. I know you're not being to serious about the buildable thing though :)

Still, where are the sprues, this is going to be a monster in 48th!

Thanks for the link Petarvu - all duly saved.

Image 6 shows off the straight LERX very well - plus the fillets on the wing leading edge at the tip - which only seem to be present when the wingtip pods are fitted.

This one :- https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/62868/26380060.14/0_aad87_ce3c0381_orig.jpg

What are those dark circles on the side panel below the fin? - open access panels ??

Here:- https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/62868/26380060.14/0_aad84_60e68518_orig.jpg

Ken