1/48 - Sukhoi Su-34 "Fullback" by HobbyBoss - released - new Khibiny resin pods by Zactoman

Homebee

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

So we can start work on a new nose section here too!!!!?????

Looking at their 1/48 and 1/72 Su-27 family, I think you can start work on whole new model.

Canopy shape will be odd too. The real thing is more taper at the front.

Edited by Fencer-1

On 26.09.2016 at 2:39 AM, foxmulder said:

Their 1/48 Su-27 family is very good. 

I don't agree. Trump/boss Su-27 family in all scales has good dimensions, plan view and decent side view, but absolutely wrong fuselage cross sections and jet intakes shape, plus multiple mistakes in small details. It hardly meets "very good" standard.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fencer-1 said:

...but absolutely wrong fuselage cross sections and jet intakes shape...   

I believe some designers ignore cross-sectional data even if it is provided in the drawings.

Edited by Laurent
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Laurent said:

I believe some designers ignore cross-sectional data even if it is provided in the drawings.

Agree, I cannot help thinking that the key step missing in the production process is the CADs/final dimensions being peer-reviewed before physical production begins by people outside of the actual design process. Perhaps fear of the competition getting hold of material is driving this? Peer-reviewing is taking place......but unfortunately it is happening too late on forums like this:(

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, azzaob said:

Peer-reviewing is taking place......but unfortunately it is happening too late on forums like this:(

Not necessarily.  Peer reviewing of their stuff *has* occurred in the past (in the early stages, before kits were announced to the public).  But they chose to ignore the input.

Frankly, the key step missing in the production process is the desire/ability to get things right.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Laurent said:

Cross sections are obviously essential for building up the 3D model in CAD. But each adds complexity. Which is time consuming...

When CAD modelling is basically completed, printing it in 3D isn't a big task. A solid is enough. There you find the shape inaccuracies. If you want...

And, the more cross sections you used to base your model on, the easier to correct it.

But, as always, this requires know how, and can hardly be automated.

may just not be the business case for some manufacturers.

1 hour ago, ICMF said:

Frankly, the key step missing in the production process is the desire/ability to get things right.

I crossed out "ability" as the producer can submit a read-only file for review (eASM file for example). 

1 hour ago, Ka-Efka said:

Cross sections are obviously essential for building up the 3D model in CAD. But each adds complexity. Which is time consuming...

When CAD modelling is basically completed, printing it in 3D isn't a big task. A solid is enough. There you find the shape inaccuracies. If you want...

And, the more cross sections you used to base your model on, the easier to correct it.

But, as always, this requires know how, and can hardly be automated.

may just not be the business case for some manufacturers.

Checking directly the CAD model is much easier and efficient. An illustration: 

Edited by Laurent

4 hours ago, Laurent said:

Checking directly the CAD model is much easier and efficient. An illustration: 

For basic checking, definitely. But I'd hope errors like the above would already been avoided by initial reference research.

Double checking is always good, nevertheless.

When scaling down something the various radiuses can be challenging as a 1:1 scale down can result in the miniature 'feeling wrong' to the eye.

E.g. a 20mm radius would essentially scale down to an edge. Not good.

On ‎23‎-‎9‎-‎2016 at 7:17 PM, Porkbits said:
14 minutes ago, exdraken said:

fine!

waitnig for a review! :)

There absolutely no review in the world that will keep me from buying this kit, I'm here for the modelling!

Friggin' awesome!!!!!!

Joe

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Robotics said:

There absolutely no review in the world that will keep me from buying this kit, I'm here for the modelling!

Friggin' awesome!!!!!!

Joe

you are probably right...

:)

5 minutes ago, exdraken said:

you are probably right...

:)

LOL!

I have just sent an email to my LHS (Krikke modelbouw in Groningen) if they can make me a deal. Just bought the Hobbyboss Su-27 from them last week. And have advised them to sell Gunze and Mr. Paint paints (the only one in Holland!!), and it sells very good.

Joe