1/72 McDD F-4 C Phantom II, Hasegawa/Monogram kitbash - COMPLETED!

giemme

:mike:

Fantastic work!

Gene's placement is spot on, nice one! :thumbsup:

What's the plan next? Is it going to take a proud spot in a display cabinet?!

Cheers Danny, thanks! :thumbsup: Next I'm going to take some RFI pics, then into the display cabinet. It's sure going to be a proud spot, but the entire cabinet is in my garage, I'm not allowed to keep it in the house ... :shutup::ninja:

... so not that proud, after all :D :D

Ciao

• Like 1

As I told Giorgio in one of many emails between us, he's the Michelangelo of 1/72!

And as everyone has said, this has been a stunning build, to say the least.

Thanks for including me, Giorgio, it's been a wonderful ride.

Gene K

P.S. That Spook patch is the one I painted for the Sharkbait hootch area (the Quonset huts we lived/played in at Cam Rahn). If anyone is interested in Cam Rahn Bay photos, this is a good starting place.

• Like 3

Hello !

Personnaly I'd say you are the Gian Lorenzo Bernini of 1/72.

The final result is really close to perfection.

The long nose will be undoubtedly even better .... ' can't wait for it !!!!!

• Like 1

As I told Giorgio in one of many emails between us, he's the Michelangelo of 1/72!

And as everyone has said, this has been a stunning build, to say the least.

Thanks for including me, Giorgio, it's been a wonderful ride.

Gene K

P.S. That Spook patch is the one I painted for the Sharkbait hootch area (the Quonset huts we lived/played in at Cam Rahn). If anyone is interested in Cam Rahn Bay photos, this is a good starting place.

Now you are being way too kind, Gene :thumbsup: And this thread wouldn't have been possible without you, at any rate. :worthy:

Great link to Cam Ranh pics, BTW.

Wow that is totaly amazing Giemme! Such a smooth looking F-4, i realy like how you have finished this one :) And the stand is great! :) Very nice work Giemme :)

Cheers Wolwe, thanks :thumbsup:

Seconded.....

Standing by....

:D

Hello !

Personnaly I'd say you are the Gian Lorenzo Bernini of 1/72.

The final result is really close to perfection.

The long nose will be undoubtedly even better .... ' can't wait for it !!!!!

Basket, you're being way too kind too :thumbsup: As for the F-4E, I'm afraid you'll have to wait quite a bit ...

Ciao

So, taking RFI pics has become a WIP in itself! :frantic:

Here's a small preview, with the downsized Spooky patch:

27220455093_8985d89fbf_o.jpg

27730965442_21498d482d_o.jpg

What do you guys think?

Ciao

• Like 18

Impeccable work giemme, you have raised the bar once again! The whole set up looks spot on.

I hope you get the back drop right, the pictures look great but a little tweak to the back drop and it would look perfect!

Rob

• Like 1

Looks good Giorgio!

Cheers

Jaime

Thanks Jaime! :thumbsup:

I think there's a crew chief missing.... :tease::D

But really I think it all looks superb!

Keith

Crew chief? ... what is that? Who said that? :fight::hobbyhorse::D :D :D

Looks great!

Thanks Nigel! :thumbsup:

Little Gene needs some aviator sunglasses and a Tom Cruise smile...but otherwise perfecto!

:D Thanks Rob :thumbsup:

Impeccable work giemme, you have raised the bar once again! The whole set up looks spot on.

I hope you get the back drop right, the pictures look great but a little tweak to the back drop and it would look perfect!

Rob

Cheers Rob, thanks :thumbsup: And yes, I need to work on the backdrop, before taking any other "real" photos

Ciao

• Like 2

Absolutely brilliant! I'm really looking forward the the RFI photos - and don't be mean with them - we need lots! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

keefr22, on 22 Jun 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

I think there's a crew chief missing.... :tease::D

He's in the crew van getting a new "remove before flight" tag to replace the worn-out one he just pulled. It's parked around the corner of the revetment. Can't you see it?

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant! I'm really looking forward the the RFI photos - and don't be mean with them - we need lots! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Alright Stix, I won't be shy, I promise :D :D :D

He's in the crew van getting a new "remove before flight" tag to replace the worn-out one he just pulled. It's parked around the corner of the revetment. Can't you see it?

Jessica, thanks for helping out here :winkgrin::D

You forgot the candy bar wrappers and fluffy dice , no hang on, that was Hot Shots...

Same as the others Giemme.

Wonderful, a pleasure to follow this build, great fun all round. :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

:D Cheers Simon, thanks :thumbsup:

Ciao

Looks amazing....

She's a winner. I'm sure whoever working around these, could just smell the jet fuel now.

Leon and Pat, thanks! :thumsbup:

Everybody, RFI thread is here. Stay tuned if you want two know about my next projects, I'll post links soon ... :winkgrin:

Ciao

Just looked at the RFI photos and she is is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure Gene is really pleased with the result, and you should be too.

John

Thank you very much, John :thumbsup:

In case anyone's is interested, here are my new projects:

Vignette GB

Harrier

Ciao

• Julien locked this topic
  • Mike unlocked this topic
  • 7 months later...

Almost all of the photos that I posted in this thread were linked from my PhotoBucket account ... and they are now gone because PhotoBucket suddenly and ungraciously banned "third party hosting"  ... unless users pay $400 annually.Very frustrating that a greedy company can get away with such egregious extortion  merely by abruptly changing their Terms of Service.

Hard to imagine how much grief Photobucket has caused worldwide with their (expletive) unconscionable money grab.

Gene K

Disappointing to say the least - not wanting to use anglo-saxon words :angry:

I moved to Flickr long time ago - I'm glad I did

Ciao