Meng Kids - Aircraft kits - Meng Model

Julien

Meng Kits for Kids
1:?? Meng Models

box.jpg

The Kit(s)
It seems that more model companies these days are producing kits which will appeal to younger modellers, and this has to be applauded. There is also no doubt that these kits will also appeal to the larger "child" in all of us modellers!

So far Meng have brought us mainstream kits in the form of a Lancaster Bomber, and a B-17. There are also two lesser well known aircraft in the form of the He 177, and the Tu-2.

Shown are the sprues for the B-17, all are generally similar. The kits generally have a black sprue for the detail parts, coloured parts for the top and bottom sides and a clear sprure. The exception at the moment to this is the He 177 as this is a "special edition" and moulded in white. Markings for each kit are provided in the form of stickers. All of these kits are snap/push together and need no glue to assemble.

sp1.JPG]

sp2.JPG]

sp3.JPG]

sp4.JPG]

markings.jpg

Conclusion
These are great little kits to get younger modellers interested in the hobby. There is also scope for older modeller to have some fun! The only caveat is the stickers do have some limitations.

B-17

bin.jpg

Lancaster

bin.jpg

He 177

bin.jpg

Tu-2

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif

• Like 3

While you need paint and glue for the eggplanes these are clip together with stickers so much more child friendly.

Thank you!

I had not noticed that this is a snap-kit. That is indeed a difference (that makes it even more appealing to my nephew). I was more referring to the look though. These look a bit caricature-ish, which the Egg-planes definitely are.

• Like 1

Thank you!

I had not noticed that this is a snap-kit. That is indeed a difference (that makes it even more appealing to my nephew). I was more referring to the look though. These look a bit caricature-ish, which the Egg-planes definitely are.

No worries, I have edited the review to say that.

Julien

Just to give everyone an idea of what these look like, and purely in the interests of Model research you understand :whistle: I put this one together straight from the box. The kit fit is pretty good overall and well within the means of little fingers (with some help). The stickers are not to good especially around the wing tips and fin where they go over curves. Still the are more suited I think to children that decals. Overall they look good and will hopefully generate further interest in the hobby. Oh and they are pretty fun as well :D

f1.JPG

f2.JPG

f3.JPG

Julien (getting back to serious modelling now!)

• Like 2

I saw the instructions for the Lanc online somewhere and saw something like a timeline which featured a caricature of a Mosquito. I NEED THAT.

Instructions are in Chinese but I thing it was just a summary of contemporary RAF aircrafts.

I would quite like to get the Lancaster! Looks like a bit of fun.

I saw the instructions for the Lanc online somewhere and saw something like a timeline which featured a caricature of a Mosquito. I NEED THAT.

Here's my review of the Lanc kit:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983418-meng-model-lancaster-egg-plane/