De Havilland MEGA Group Build Chat

DAG058

31 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

Ive just had a look through your build, it looks very impressive! I'd say it's eligible for this GB. Hopefully you'll get it completed in time to finish the Vampire also! 

Thanks!  I'll enter it in the GB when the time comes,  then. Taking my GB track record and my current lack of energy for modelling in consideration,  I'd be very happy if I managed to finish this one in the timeframe of the GB...  It would be wonderful if I could also build the Vampire in time,  though :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

I think I will build a 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito NF II. Exept for some seatbelts, it will be build straight out of the box.

As I am a little bit short on time next year, with all the GB's I am in, will I combine this build with the Mosquito GB. I will need to do that later next year with the Flying boats and Matchbox GB as well. I hope you guys don't mind.

I first wanted to build a Hornet, but that is not gonna happen now.:fraidnot:

To many GB's, to little time.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Arniec said:

I think I will build a 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito NF II. Exept for some seatbelts, it will be build straight out of the box.

As I am a little bit short on time next year...

To many GB's, to little time.

Know that feeling too well Arnold. Fine choice of subject though. I'm thinking a Tamiya 72nd scale Mosquito PR.II for the same reasons but there's all sorts of DH lovelieness in my stash that keeps sneeking temptation into the edge of my consciousness.

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been asked, but only just noticed the mosquito STGB has been assimilated into this, given that was due to start on the 4th feb, does it mean we can't join in till the 18th, or is the earlier date being honered for mossie entries? 

Now on that note I'm definitely in with a tamiya mossie, did the FBVI for last years made in britain so perhaps Ill do a BIV this time.

25 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Apologies if this has been asked, but only just noticed the mosquito STGB has been assimilated into this, given that was due to start on the 4th feb, does it mean we can't join in till the 18th, or is the earlier date being honered for mossie entries? 

Now on that note I'm definitely in with a tamiya mossie, did the FBVI for last years made in britain so perhaps Ill do a BIV this time.

Good afternoon PBS

This Gb starts February 18th so you will have time to take part to the F-16 STGB http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234992743-general-dynamics-f-16-fighting-falcon-stgb-is-go/&page=1..

;)

Patrice

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, CamberrySauce said:

How can I join?

Once the GB page is set up simply start a thread within it and getting going with your chosen subject :) 

• Like 2

On 14/12/2016 at 8:39 PM, tnuag said:

If everything works out the DH 91 Albatross should be with Hannants in Jan/Feb 2017.

A batch of DH 90 Dragonfly kits are also under way.

On 30/12/2016 at 10:44 PM, tango98 said:

I'm up for this one too. My intended entry will be a DH product from either the First or Second World War.

Dave

18 hours ago, CamberrySauce said:

How can I join?

Welcome guys, glad to have you all along for this one.

Just 7 weeks until this one is underway! It's lining up to be a cracker. As Col mentioned if you want to take part all you have to do is start a thread in the Group Build area after the start date (Feb 18). DH has a great variety if aircraft so it's very inclusive.  In the meantime feel free to register your interest and let us all know what you plan on building.

• Like 1

Assuming my SAD is behind me by then I received a 48th Sea Vixen from the Ex-Girlie for Christmas. I should like to build this.

Did the FAW.2 ever fly from Ark Royal?

If not then I'll follow @Ex-FAAWAFU's excellent build with my own pale imitation FAW.1 conversion if he's not offended. If he is I'll need to rethink....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, 1 month to go until this one kicks off. As we know these things have a habit of creeping up on us! I've dug out the two kits I'm planning on building. I have also just ordered a few bits of AM.

Remember this GB is is open to absolutely everyone, all you'll need is a De Havilland model to build and your in! 

• Like 1

Please count me in with an Airfix Vampire T11. Is a kit with a base coat of paint in the interior acceptable? It's otherwise untouched and I'm planning to paint over it with Tamiya NATO Black anyway for a better scale/weathered effect. I do have an untouched example, but I'd like to use that copy as it's the one I bought online from the Vampire Preservation Group (along with a Pilot's Notes reprint for the T11) back when the kit came out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sabre_days said:

Please count me in with an Airfix Vampire T11. Is a kit with a base coat of paint in the interior acceptable? It's otherwise untouched and I'm planning to paint over it with Tamiya NATO Black anyway for a better scale/weathered effect. I do have an untouched example, but I'd like to use that copy as it's the one I bought online from the Vampire Preservation Group (along with a Pilot's Notes reprint for the T11) back when the kit came out.

Yes, the 25% rule will be in play for this one, so a kit has to be less than 25% complete to be eligible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to start with a 1/48 Trumpeter Vampire, then a Tamiya 1/48 Mossie. 

Can you build the Mossie wheels up does anyone know, may get the Airfix kit if not, want to do a dogfight double with a Hobbyboss Me262 (not for this GB though).