General Dynamics F-111 STGB Chat

trickyrich

I like this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KORA-Models-1-72-MER-RACKS-Mk-82-SNAKEYE-BOMBS-Extra-Heavy-Load-for-F-111A-/381474227489?hash=item58d1a2c521:g:Nk4AAOSwAKxWUoEy

They did this a couple of time while I was there, big thing is they were too scared to tow it with a loadout like this! So the aircraft was positioned and the gunnies would load her up, would prematurely grey the framie bosses!

Would have needed a "Fast & Furious 6" runway to take off!

welcome aboard guys.

Well just 3 members to go, I am very pleasantly surprised at the interest in this build!!

We just need 3 more to make it a goer, so come on and help celebrate/remember this amazing aircraft.

1/48 Academy LN probably form my side... with Verlinden and Paragon, Afterburner Decals.....

or a gunship grey Aussi F-111C in-flight with wing in combat position and a full load of Mk-82s?

definitely in!

:)!

well a big thank you to everyone who signed up, looks like this one will be a goer as well.

I for one can't wait for this build...have always wanted to build one but never got around to it...so mine for sure will be an 80"s vintage 6 Sqn bird! Now why would I choose that??? :whistle:

Will have dates once Mish has has had a chance to look at the calendar.....keeping her busy today! :D

• Like 2

I've seen a few of the Hasegawa ones floating about on evilBay for fairly good prices.

I'm going big so now have to decide on either an Academy or Hobby Boss C model. Don't know too much about either, thought I have read the HB one is better, but the canopy is the wrong shape, but easily fixed with the Squadron (?) replacement.

Does anyone know much about either of these models? Will be throwing a lot of aftermarket stuff at it as well.