General Dynamics F-111 STGB Chat

trickyrich

well as everyone is well aware by now there have been major developments with PhotoBastard...opps I meant PhotoBucket! So it was suggested to Enzo that if it was possible to have all the current GBs and STGBs extended by a week to give everyone time to sort out their photo hosting issues. As you can see we now have an extension thanks to or wonderful GB Moderator.

So the build will now end in a weeks time, so hopefully everyone can get their photos sorted in time, and maybe in quite a few cases their builds even completed. 

There will be the usual vote but I will not start a poll until everyone has managed to sort out their photos in the gallery, just to be fair to those who have lost their images.

This build has been a real struggle and I feel for everyone who are still slaving away at their builds. Don't give up, you now have a wee bit of extra time, so one final push!

• Like 3

Hi Rich. Thanks for the F-111 STGB. Sorry I haven't really been able to do it justice, and now what with the PhotoBucket fiasco I just don't have the time to sit and faf about trying to set up accounts and all the rest of the palava.

I've enjoyed everyone's builds, nice to see the the old -111 getting some love  :)  

arrr please don't panic over the gallery being missing.....someone :whistle: hit the wrong button..opps!

Enzo will be along shortly to correct it. :fight:

oh and only a couple of days to finish your builds as well.......no pressure!

42 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

arrr please don't panic over the gallery being missing.....someone :whistle: hit the wrong button..opps!

Enzo will be along shortly to correct it. :fight:

oh and only a couple of days to finish your builds as well.......no pressure!

Worst host ever

well that's it folks, she's all over.

Thanks to everyone that showed up and joined in. From a lot of the comments in the various build threads it was a tuff build, either the base model was a pain, for everyone that built or tried to build the Hobby Boss monstrosity will understand that, or just the sheer size and time required to build her. 

For those that eventually made it into the gallery, well done, you all did amazing jobs and there are some awesome builds in there. To those that just could quite make it, well done on the work you did manage to do, I was watching all the builds and there are some great builds out there, so please keep at them.

I would like to make a special mention on Bill's incredible F-111B build. The research and of course the usual quality of Bill build was a real joy to watch and follow. Unfortunately a few health issues put a huge dent in his build plans, but the great news is he's well on the way to recovery so the build should be continuing shortly. Thanks for joining us Bill, it's always a real joy to follow your builds and I'm glad you're on the way back to good health. 

And that's it, again thanks to everyone that joined in and followed all the builds. I'm going to build a little alter to to the Modelling God for a proper and correct 1/48th F-111...we can only hope!:pray:

A poll will be up in the gallery shortly, if for any reason PhotoBucket kills any of the images there please let me know. I'll stop the poll until it can be sorted out and adjust to poll time to compensate.

again thanks everyone. :clap2:

• Like 2

Great GB, thanks a lot!! Thanks for hosting !

Was great fun , learned a lot, did a lot but unfortunately far away ftom the finish line.....but will get there in the end :)

Congrats to all finishers, all winners to me!

Ans YES, we NEED  a new up to date and correct kit  in 48th!!!

;)

• Like 1

I agree with werner (exdraken) some bits completely out of my comfort zone, but overall,most enjoyable, thanks rich, i think every one who took part is a winner,shame we can't vote for all as trojan t says ,great gb,

Glynn

judging by the number of 1/48th F-111's that were in the build there is a lot of love for the old girl. If anyone releases a good one it's bound to be a big seller!

I agree it's a shame we don't have a couple of votes, I have my favourites and it's a shame not to be able to pick one!

On 7/9/2017 at 19:29, trickyrich said:

Thanks for joining us Bill, it's always a real joy to follow your builds and I'm glad you're on the way back to good health. 

Thanks for having me! I know that I learned so much about the F-111 just by following everyone's projects - that's the great part of these group builds. And what better aircraft to model? She was the "gee-whiz" military jet when I was getting old enough to appreciate these things, and there's always been a place in my heart for her. Kind of like my first girlfriend. And you know what happened to her - she's still taking care of me, bless 'er heart.    :) 

I'm slowly recovering from the latest surgery - just in time for a death in the family. But the F-111B will be completed. There is no way to stop it now, it's my top modelling priority.

Cheers,

Bill

Great Group build, apologies for not finishing......am cracking on though as there is a personal connection....I seem to have lost one of my GBU10s....anyone with a spare lurking in that box I can give it a good home!

Edited by Tim Moff

well as you may or may not have noticed the poll has closed and we have a very popular winner.

I am very please to say the Muzz's beautiful F-111 was the real favourite of the build. She was beautifully built and perfectly finished and I have to admit it was my favourite as well. 

And well done to all those that managed to make it into the gallery as well. To those that didn't please keep at it, I'd love to see them finished.

That's it, thanks to everyone that joined in, it was a pleasure to follow all your builds.

• Like 4

Thanxs for hosting Rich, although my build wasn't flawless I still enjoyed the GB.

I also loved all the variety in this GB.

Cheers,