General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon STGB chat

trickyrich

Ok, so I had to call it complete as the rest of the weekend is just not there for modelling. It was really the ordnance left to do and did notice the model in the gallery before mine was relatively "clean" as well B)  Not all bad as it turned out.

Thanks to the hosts of this GB and good luck to the rest still flying towards the finish.

• Like 2

Thanks to all who helped along the way. Really enjoyed these. Learnt loads and now have the F-16 bug with loads more in the stash...

Just got last three from my Quattro posted to the gallery in the final hour! 

Will give them proper RFI's in the coming week. 

Cheers, Tony

• Like 1

I've scraped in on my, over 12 hours to spare, sheer luxury. :) I've just had a wander through the gallery dispensing some of the LIKES I ran out of yesterday, some stunning builds, the skills on display are simply legend. Its been quite a journey for me as a F-16 numpty which I've gone some ways to rectifying. Thanks Rich for running this, a cracking GB & one I really enjoyed. Thanks to those who put supportive message on my build, they really helped.

Steve.

• Like 3

Well folks that's it,  :weep: she's all over! 

Thank you to everyone for came along, it has to be the best GB i've hosted yet, the builds you produced are some of the best i've ever seen in a GB! Even amongst some of those that didn't quite make it, there were some stunning builds.

To those that managed to make it to the gallery.....well give yourselves a big pat on the back, the model in the gallery are stunning!

For those who just could quite make it, I do thank you for joining, and do understand how how stuff sometimes gets in the way of modelling. The build threads will remain open so please do keep posting updates, they do actually get followed!

Again I have to say a huge thank you to everyone that came along, you all really made this a fun build and such a pleasure to host  :worthy: , plus a great chance to learn more about this wonderful aircraft. And yes we will have to have another one, I'll give it a year or two before post the call out for the F-16 II STGB.

I'll try to put up the voting as soon as I can, unfortunately I have a funeral to attend tomorrow.

• Like 7

Thanks to Rich for hosting this STGB and yes there are some stunning builds in the Gallery. It has whetted my appetite to build some more seeing all those schemes.

Well done to everyone.

Robert

• Like 2

ok folks, the poll is now open and will remain open for 7 days..........or unit I remember to close it!

Please select your favourite from one of the two lists, if it's not in the list then please select "none of the above".

This will be a super hard poll to pick as the builds are amazing!!

• Like 1

Thanxs to the hosts for dooing a great job.:thumbsup2:

I didn't get to finish my F-16's :fraidnot:, but I will try to finish it later this year when I get more time.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Thanks Rich for hosting this STGB. It was the first group build on Britmodeller I have participated in and, as a matter of fact it was my first WIP here too.

Good too see so many models are finished, the F-16 is a popular aircraft! There are some real gems made here!

The poll is nice but I will not vote since I think everyone has done his best on his model and we all deserve the same amount of thumbs up :D

Erik

Just a quick one on the gallery/voting - probably just me being thick : how comes they are two groups?

Also are you not allowed to have a favourite in each group-  i.e. vote for two planes - so do you have to use one of the 'none of the above' options?

If that is so then wouldn't it be easier to just have one list to vote from for one favourite plane and dispense with the 'none of the above' options?

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Just a quick one on the gallery/voting - probably just me being thick : how comes they are two groups?

Also are you not allowed to have a favourite in each group-  i.e. vote for two planes - so do you have to use one of the 'none of the above' options?

If that is so then wouldn't it be easier to just have one list to vote from for one favourite plane and dispense with the 'none of the above' options?

Any ideas?

Well........ :D

It's broken into two groups because the software only allows a maximum of 25 entires, so if there are more than 25 builds we have to have a second voting list. Some GB's we've had to have three lists.

Plus we are asking for your favourite build, just one only, so we have to include a none of the above if we have more than one list. It would be so much easier to have one list, but the site software doesn't allow this, so this this is the reason for the multiple list.

Hopefully this makes the mud a bit clearer. 

• Like 1

You weren't the only one being thick Tony, I was a bit confuzzled too, it sort of made it easier in the end, but still damn hard to pick out just one. BTW Rich, my user name ain't Stevehull, give your spell checker a kicking. ;)

Steve (hnz) :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

You weren't the only one being thick Tony, I was a bit confuzzled too, it sort of made it easier in the end, but still damn hard to pick out just one. BTW Rich, my user name ain't Stevehull, give your spell checker a kicking. ;)

Steve (hnz) :D

Arrr bugger, I knew I would stuff one of them up, guess you were the luck one, gosh knows what I was thinking!! :D I don't think I can change it without stuffing up the whole thing!

Arr Enzo??????

• Like 1

mm I noticed that, am very privileged to be next to you! Though you are clearly ahead if you combine all the votes! ;)

For something as simple as voting you think more members would.....unless the decision was just too hard! :D

Well folks I'm sad to say the last part of this GB is over!! :crying:

It was a really enjoyable GB and do thank everyone who came along and joined the fun, whether you completed your builds or were unable to due to other circumstances. Judging by the quality of the finished models and those being build everyone enjoyed this GB and finished or not you can be very proud of what you have produced. For those still to finish, please keep updating your threads, there are still quite a few of us interested in following these builds and seeing the finished models.

Ok my last act as host is a wee bit embarrassing, as I have to announce the voting results for the gallery poll, and the winner is..me. :blush: I am a bit surprised by this as there were a couple of superb builds in the galley which would have equally deserved best build. A special mention has to go to Tony for his 4 amazing builds as will as Sven for his more unusual F-16's.

And that's it, I've really enjoyed this build, learnt a few new tricks and followed some wonderful builds. Again thank you to everyone who joined in, hope to see you for F-16 II STGB......maybe in a couple of years time. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Pipped to the post by one! 

Congratulations Rich, Well deserved mate its a beauty :clap2:

Been looking at getting the 1/72 mask/decal for that scheme 👍🏿

thanks, I really did learn a lot for your builds, especially your painting tricks, so thanks for that.

You should give them a try, they're the best I've used. They're pretty close to the actual pattern and they fit, requiring only a small amount of stretching in places to fit (which they easily do and handle) and they really conform to the surfaces well. Something some other brands don't do all that well. I'll happy use them again, I just wish they'd produce more subjects! I haven't tried their decals, have got a set for the same aircraft at home, but think painted give a much better look.

With your painting skills you're bound to produce a sure fire winner! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 20/04/2017 at 10:49 AM, trickyrich said:

...  and the winner is..me. :blush:

Are you sure?

Looks more like a draw to me with you and Tony each having 7 votes :o BUT considering Tony received another 5 votes on his other three builds, wouldn't it be fair to say that Tony won this ?

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basilisk said:

Are you sure?

Looks more like a draw to me with you and Tony each having 7 votes :o BUT considering Tony received another 5 votes on his other three builds, wouldn't it be fair to say that Tony won this ?

Cheers, Peter

Ok to clear this up. At the time I announced the poll closed I locked the gallery thinking it would lock the poll, but clearly it didn't (it is now). The original results were 7 to 6, so these will stand.

I really do think Tony did an amazing job with all his builds, but with all Britmodeller GB's and STGB's, the winning build is the most popular build voted by the members. Unfortunately quantity does not count.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

I didn't put him up to this Rich...

:popcorn:

Yes you did !

Just kidding.

Whatever the score, as long as you are both happy and comfortable about the outcome, that is all what matters. Both are stunning builds (but I am not a great fan of having covers on the aircraft - but that is just me).

Cheers, Peter