General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon STGB chat

trickyrich

When: 7th January 2017 to 9th April 2017
Hosts: trickyRich, Neu

Before anyone mentions it, yes we have had one of those before in 2012.

But seeing as the STGB calendar is full up until 2017 there would have been a nice break since the last one and so it must be time to do it again!

This is one of "those" aircraft you never really get tied of, almost a perfect design, and really successful design at that was used throughout the world and still is very much in use!

Plus the nice thing is there is a huge range of models for this aircraft from 1/144th up to 1/32nd and covering ever variant.

So the list;

1, trickyrich - host
2, nick32
3, theplasticsurgeon
4, vppelt68
5, AnonymousDFB1
6, Lex77
7, Antoine
8, Jabba
9, Arniec
10, Vingtor
11, Ilking
12, Knight_Flier
13, Caerbannog
14, mungo1974
15, snapper_city
16, mirageiv
17, -Neu- - co-host
18, PhamtonBigStu
19, jrlx
20, Trojan Thunder
21, Giorgio N
22, swat11
23, Rob G
24, stevehnz
25, Bill Ficner :partytime:
26, alex
27, DaveJL
28, DannyB
29, Tim Moff
30, AndyC

31, philp

32, logical

33, FortyEighter

34, F3 Demon

35, modelling minion

36, Blitz23

37, paulR

38, Enzo Matrix

39, Tony Oliver

40, stevej60

41, Old Viper Tester

42, Thud4444

43, Robert

44, SimonT

45, Reaper

46, Pappy

48, Stephen

49, Richard E

50, Synopsis

51, Supertom

• Like 1

Yep - I've got the Hasegawa two-seater in my stash, and ideas for an Israeli (pre-Sufa) plane.
I like their three tone pastel camo - and have a Kfir for the same time.

Can't do F-111s - did my last one here: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=151917

Edited by theplasticsurgeon

F-16?

Did someone mention an F-16 STGB? Count me in, when do you want to start? Tomorrow? No problem! :) Only joking one of the very few jets I never tire of building, so count me in for something in 1:72

sorry Mish it was a typo....it should have been F-106! :D

was wondering how long it would take you to find the thread? See from the first build you were rather excited about this aircraft!!

now you just have to wait for, hmmm 18 months! :P

First feeling is that the F-16 is a boring aircraft, most often seen in gray, and sometime even in grey.

But.... I enjoy myself very much navigating through the tiny differences between versions.

And after all, its one of the most beautiful aircraft of its generation, close second only to the Mirage 2000.

I'd like to say that I'll participate, but it will depend on when I'd get back my work shop next year.

O hek!!! He has done it again!!!

Now I have to sign up. I am glad that I still have a few in the stash.

I what scheme??? I have a few months to think about that.

Cheers,

I read in someone's signature something like "no grey F-16:s please, this is Britmodeller" 😅. I have long since decided to build my quartet in non-special and original -80's grey paint schemes of Dutch, Belgian, Danish and Norwegian AF:s 😉. Regards, V-P

I read in someone's signature something like "no grey F-16:s please, this is Britmodeller" . I have long since decided to build my quartet in non-special and original -80's grey paint schemes of Dutch, Belgian, Danish and Norwegian AF:s . Regards, V-P

I think that may have been said by a man called Tom Cooper...guru to all Britmodellers.

I don't think Grey will be much of an issue here, in the last one Israeli F-16's were the popular choice. Probably will be here as well, think one is on my list!

Welcome to everyone so far that has expressed an interest, I'll add you all to the list.

As far as the F-111 goes, if there are a few more members who express an interest here then I will start up a thread for that build as well.

Nah I'll leave it as General Dynamics, they deserve all the credit for tuning out such an amazing and successful aircraft.

Every time I think of Lockheed Martin I think of that abomination called the F-35! :wall: Proof that if you throw enough money at something even a turd will fly.......and yes I'm not a fan at all!

Nah I'll leave it as General Dynamics, they deserve all the credit for tuning out such an amazing and successful aircraft.

Every time I think of Lockheed Martin I think of that abomination called the F-35! :wall: Proof that if you throw enough money at something even a turd will fly.......and yes I'm not a fan at all!

Could have been worse, might have included a Lockheed Martin F-111 as well ;) Actually, could this work - a General Dynamics Group Build? This would give the option to build an F-16 and/or an F-111. May even gain more support as a whole due to both types being combined.

Could have been worse, might have included a Lockheed Martin F-111 as well ;) Actually, could this work - a General Dynamics Group Build? This would give the option to build an F-16 and/or an F-111. May even gain more support as a whole due to both types being combined.

I wish, but unfortunately if we go to a GB then it will mean we have to go into a vote, and I really doubt there would be enough interest.

The F-111 is one of my all time favourites especially having worked on them. No matter what people say about the issues they had there still wasn't/isn't an aircraft that could really do what they could do.

I read in someone's signature something like "no grey F-16:s please, this is Britmodeller" . I have long since decided to build my quartet in non-special and original -80's grey paint schemes of Dutch, Belgian, Danish and Norwegian AF:s . Regards, V-P

After building quite a number of all grey F-16s I took the decision not to build all grey versions. So far I have build Venezuelan, Italian, Israeli, USAF and Moroccan, none of them were grey.

I think that may have been said by a man called Tom Cooper...guru to all some Britmodellers.

Corrected that for you Rich ;)

I wish, but unfortunately if we go to a GB then it will mean we have to go into a vote, and I really doubt there would be enough interest.

The F-111 is one of my all time favourites especially having worked on them. No matter what people say about the issues they had there still wasn't/isn't an aircraft that could really do what they could do.

I always thought the F-111 should be regarded as a success, AFAIK it has a good combat history. Still find it hard to believe the plane operated over Vietnam and all the way up to Desert Storm. As for the issues, only ones I'm aware of was to do with its development. That is to be expected IMO considering it was the first VG plane to go into production.

Anyways, definitely in for the F-16. F-111 too should it happen and if it helps gain interest, the RAAF also operated that type.

Anyways, definitely in for the F-16. F-111 too should it happen and if it helps gain interest, the RAAF also operated that type.

Yeap, I worked on the 6 Sqn aircraft both pre (still had the M-61 20mm cannon, have a good story on that one...the front mount came loose on one during a training run on the gunnery range...think brown stuff was found in the crews flight gear!!!!) and post Pave Tack aircraft as well as the Recon birds (we had 4). Of the Non Recon birds we had a mix of genuine C's and A's built to C standards (a/c 109, 112 to 114). Plus 129 was the only aircraft to carry the practice bomb pod on the opposite wing to all the others, namely due to the wings being slightly warped, had something to do with a slightly out of shape wing carry-through box!

• Like 2