RAM Models 1/72 VC10

SHAR67

Hi all

does any of you know anything about the newly released 1/72 VC-10 from RAM Models, is there going to be a review on the kit at all and is it going to be a completely new tool model.

Thank you Clive

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest you could do no better than watch Kevin's thread - he is building the Airways Vac-form here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980017-172-vc10-airways-vacform-bua/?hl=vc10

Knowing his way with vac-forms( such as his Vanguard, Learjet,etc.), it will probably become the definitive way to build the kit.

• Like 1

Cheers guys

Nigel I'm already following Kev's project. I spoke to him a little while ago at a show, he told me that he was not sure of how the kit will look and the quality of the plastic detail. He had been approached to make copies of his resin parts for the RAM kit and I have heard no more since that time, I just want to see what detail you get in the box and how easy it is to put together as I have not yet done a vac form kit and this would be a nice subject to model.

Clive

• Like 1

My progress as normal is slow, but I have made 10 resin copies of the flap track fairings and attached these to the wings, I am struggling though in getting the wings aligned and to the right dihedral, but hopefully once I get past that stage I can then add the detail missing where the wings meet the fuselage which I have mentioned in my post.

I believe that RAM have white metal undercarriage and their own decals, but apart from that is will be the same as the old Airways kit

Cheers guys

Nigel I'm already following Kev's project. I spoke to him a little while ago at a show, he told me that he was not sure of how the kit will look and the quality of the plastic detail. He had been approached to make copies of his resin parts for the RAM kit and I have heard no more since that time, I just want to see what detail you get in the box and how easy it is to put together as I have not yet done a vac form kit and this would be a nice subject to model.

Clive

I built it a year or two ago and it goes together well. There are a few inaccuracies here and there (the fuselage to wing fairing needs a little tweaking) but depending on how bothered you are on accuracy it looks fine OOB.

It's quite large for a first vacform though, and if you've not done one before I suggest cutting your teeth on something a little smaller to get the hang of making bulkheads and reinforcing joints etc. There'll be some scratch work needed too for the flightdeck and wheel bays etc.

Sadly mine's been ruined by the varnish browning - I'm never using Xtracolour enamel varnish again!

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

Tom

• Like 7

The kit may not yet be released, Martin had set pre-orders based on an expected release date at the end of November, but could be still awaiting components before he can formally release the kit. I would expect a post on his sub forum in the manufacturers section when the VC-10's are actually available.

Cheers guy's the help has been ace, I must say Kev that VC10 of yours looks the biz. Tom I have had ago at making bulkheads and a lot of other stuff so there's no problem there, it was just wether the chap was going to refine the model and make the kit a better than the old kit.

Clive

Not good mate, going to re-paint or...? Would look great in the wrap round camo... ;)

Will probably be a re-paint at some point. I fancy the white over grey scheme though.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I escalated my decal sheet order with paypal, and received word that the F-4 decals are in and he's just waiting on the instructions to ship them. I'm a trusting fool fellow, and so I have cancelled my dispute and await my decals.

• 2 months later...

And so we enter another year waiting for the 1/72 VC10. Every communication via Facebook, or RAM Models is just ignored. Does anyone know what is happening - I assume quite a few people have pre-paid for a model that should have been released over a year ago!

:please: