Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

Tamiya German Grey, not black, with a dusting of mediumish grey

Not black....

Si this IS the mighty Wokka to a tee, even minor additions like the armour can't spoil the Carlsberg of heavy lift helicopter models

You do have that inner motor mount picture to set the length of the fairing, no worries there when its trimmed level

Oh did I mention?

Not...

• Like 1

So the other side is done.  That last snag on the snag list that's preventing me priming is this

IMG_6571_zps8quhwrfn.jpg

The dreaded doplar.  Should be done tomoz.

Quick hound update.  She's mahoosive now and a total pain in the arrse 

IMG_6539c_zpsky04lnvi.jpg

• Like 7

On 5/20/2017 at 11:43 PM, perdu said:

You ain't complaining

And she looks the bizz

Nice one on the fuselage, the doppler isnt going to be much of a problem after all

gets better Si, very cool

All I got done was the filling on the doplar - she made me build a deck yesterday:blahblahblah:

• Sad 1

Well of course she did, wise woman she say " build deck man of the house, new dog needs some tough wood to disassemble."

Kinda goes with the territory

Keep on up, man. 😇

• Like 2

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 7:20 AM, perdu said:

Tamiya German Grey, not black, with a dusting of mediumish grey

Not black....

Si this IS the mighty Wokka to a tee, even minor additions like the armour can't spoil the Carlsberg of heavy lift helicopter models

You do have that inner motor mount picture to set the length of the fairing, no worries there when its trimmed level

Oh did I mention?

Not...

Sorry........black you say?? lol

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Aluxe said:

:idea: any progrees?

Erm no.  I always put the models down in the summer months and pick em up when the clocks go back, which is the end of this month.  I should be back on it in September.

Its a labour of love......................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

MOSTLY!

Most importantly

Waiting

😆

The worky thing has completely taken over.  Its the mrs big birthday next week also, so I'm off to SA for a week.  I'll be back on it when I get back.

Honest.

Anywa, I've missed catching up on the builds on here 

• Like 1

Hi Si, 

Just had a catch up with your build and it certainly looks good particularly like how you done the engine filters I could do with some for my 1/48 Woka is there any one out there doing them? 

Guy 

• 7 months later...
On 10/26/2017 at 6:43 AM, F4u said:

Hi Si, 

Just had a catch up with your build and it certainly looks good particularly like how you done the engine filters I could do with some for my 1/48 Woka is there any one out there doing them? 

Guy 

I think that lad at shapeways is knocking them out but when I looked at the 1/35 ones they were pretty US to be honest.

after a brief interlude I’ve started modelling again. I’m just banging out a Douglas dauntless in a group build with some of the lads on ARRSE, and I plan to finish this thing after that. Honest..... it’s still sat there looking at me every day in the living room. Waiting😳

• Like 2

22 hours ago, simmerit said:

I think that lad at shapeways is knocking them out but when I looked at the 1/35 ones they were pretty US to be honest.

after a brief interlude I’ve started modelling again. I’m just banging out a Douglas dauntless in a group build with some of the lads on ARRSE, and I plan to finish this thing after that. Honest..... it’s still sat there looking at me every day in the living room. Waiting😳

Thanks mate, I will take a look glad to hear you are back at the modelling , I will be waiting for when you get back on track with your Woka 👍

Guy

Edited by F4u

• 3 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 6:43 PM, viper-30 said:

Good to see you back mate 

well here we are in September and what's happened?

Well

IMG_1906_zpsvmkyfomi.jpg

I had to find something to kick start me after two years off.  Just on with weathering it, so hopefully it will be done soon.  The plan however is

IMG_1876_zpsfrlpranl.jpg

to nick the rotors from this having had the mrs' lad snap one off the build and knack it.  I'm hoping to make a resin copy so I can keep this kit (the MERT) intact.  Reckon I'll be back on it in about 3 weeks lads.

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

so it's not gone away - its still on the mrs' piano....

Where I'm at with it is I have a 1/32nd Trumpeter Avenger to finish and a Mk 1 female Takom tank then I'm back on it. 

Now if anyone remembers this thread, I gave Hataka a major caning as their paint was shyyte.  I had a very nice pm from a polish bloke from Hataka who told me they had recalled their paint and anyone who'd bought it could return it to the manufacturer and they would replace it with the new mix.  I think the number of hits on this thread was concerning them re adverse publicity.

So......  I've just sprayed the bombs on the Avenger with Hataka Olive Drab, which I bought for the Wokka as the mix is spot on for the Wokka, and

IMG_0790_zpsnjxwmwnl.jpg

avoid.  It's still shyyte.  I was right the first time.

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you back getting on with this build, had another look back over the previous pages of this build, I'm still as amazed by the work you've put into this, crack on mate!

Davey.