Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

managed to only get half an hour in last night, and re-positioned these bits from the all round defence system, and got that bit (god knows what it does) stuck on the centre of the pylon, just above the glass

IMG_5832_zpssc3nv8iy.jpg

That's me off the air now til the weekend as I'm now ensconced in an exceptionally swanky room in an exceptionally swanky hotel in an exceptionally swanky location in Jockland as I'm at a conference for three days.  Its Public Sector stuff.  How the other half live - I can tell you.  Just saying.....

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Have you seen the April edition of Airfix Model World? nice little article in there about some chaps painting a special livery on a chinook.

If its elephants being painted on the rear pylon, I've probably got some snaps taken whist it was being done.  I've got a library of Chinook snaps that is absolutely mahoosive!

On 20/03/2017 at 9:46 AM, simmerit said:

I need to get the rotors straightened out as the bend in them is wrong as you know (just pointing it out in case anyone else reading this build didn't know that), so still loads to do unfortunately....

Monster thread for a monster helo. It's all very entertaining, thanks very muchly.

Will you be incorporating the way the blades move forward on their drag hinges when parked? Please.

1 hour ago, viper-30 said:

So tell me mate how exactly to you intend to blend in at the Swanky hotel .......

All cammed up mate.  Its black tie tomorrow night.  I've no doubt someone will shout 'waiter'.  

Flew up from Lutonski airport this morning and I was stopped by Immigration & Nationality after I cleared the scanners.  They said they in a firm and assertive voice 'wait here - we want to talk to you about you movements, where you are going and your employment position in the UK'.  I says in my best Sunderland accent 'yep no worries but I'm in a rush like as I'm flying up to Edinburgh'.  'Ah - sorry' they says as they preyed for the ground to open up and swallow them.  'No offence meant'. 

Class 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, per ardua ad ostentationem said:

Monster thread for a monster helo. It's all very entertaining, thanks very muchly.

Will you be incorporating the way the blades move forward on their drag hinges when parked? Please.

I'll struggle with that one as its going to supported on two clear rods as it hovers about a 105 and a Pinz that the loadies are hooking up.  That's the plan anyway!!

Eventually!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simmerit said:

I'll struggle with that one as its going to supported on two clear rods as it hovers about a 105 and a Pinz that the loadies are hooking up.  That's the plan anyway!!

Now I understand why you will be changing the bend of the blades. Good luck with that!

IMG_5884_zpsx8akcaua.jpg

Just chopping off these now.  I cut two off previously, but just spotted there are only 5 on the Wokka and not the 6 that are left, + they are the wrong shape and in the wrong position.  Other than that, the ones on the model are great!!

• Like 2

Here's the list to get me to priming it.  Not much to go lads...

IMG_5886_zpsrobyyzhj.jpg

IMG_5888_zps3wsuu7xq.jpg

A bit gutted edwood dont supply two etch covers for those panels I had to cut out at the top of the front pylon.  Very strange.  Anyway - one with no cover.  I cant see that being the end of the world.

About to have a crack at making the oval shaped mounts for these

IMG_5887_zpsx4mskhr4.jpg

5 of them to do and one very large one to make.  

One with puppy proofing part of the front that backs onto the single track.  A bit of a thankless task given its about 350ms long!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simmerit said:

IMG_5898_zpsw7akenz9.jpg

work in progress

Damn they look amazing!!!!!!! Once I stop dribbling I'll go back and finish my diner for one, boo sob

• Like 1

They were amazing, thank you.  The mrs did the roast.  She's not bad at a Sunday roast, but blokes make the best scran IMHO.

IMG_5901_zpslnj8mw8k.jpg

That's the hoist done now apart from the hook - I havent got one for it, which is a bit of a probem

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 11:25 PM, Richard E said:

Ah - welcome back, I've been starting to suffer Wokka Withdrawal Syndrome......

Crisp's progress on his build has embarrassed me into action.  I've been hiding behind the worky thing for weeks, but it is a bit frantic..

IMG_6238_zpshwdtixzq.jpg

Sat in here are the bits I need to cast to finish the aerial that runs along the side of the Wokka.  I've had a mental block and cant seem to get my head into gear re mixing the silicone for some reason, but I'm about to crack on

• Like 2

Handsome work as ever Si. :thumbsup2: 

Sorry to have to admit that I'm nicking your perspex pole mounting idea so that my C-119 has enough clearance to catch a parachute. I'm also going to read back in here to see how you built your cabin seating as I've a couple of them to knock up as well from scratch....

Keep it up!

Tony

Amended later: hmmm...having read p.1 again I realize them seats were an AM set. I've only a couple to do so looks like the wine bottle foil will be coming out imminently...

• Like 1