Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

so basically

45153239x_zpsjo2mwgxc.jpg

I'm onto the gubbins underneath now and that armour plated door.  Not far now lads

2 hours ago, perdu said:

The 110??

Done it yet?

Lovely day innit

;)

Oh arr, Wokka's looking good

No.  Tomoz at 0900 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Cracking along Si. Max detail!

That is one hipster-hound you've got yourself btw. Chopper and canine splendid beasts both. :thumbsup2:

Tony

Thanks Tony.  Just got the armour plate done

IMG_5761_zpsug9hazzt.jpg

About to flip it over and crack on with the underside.  Only problem is onto the second bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale.....

• Like 5

3 hours ago, crushkill said:

This thing is looking so great.  I'm about to start my first build in about 15 years, and your bird has inspired me, doing a Huey, had to cut the number of rotors down!  

Good for you mate, and get the build posted!!

Not much doine today apart from a nice bottle of malbec, an alternator and some fantastic yorkshire puds, roast spuds and parsnips.  That said

IMG_5787_zpsnpmgq8tt.jpg

Well on with the underneath now.  Not actually much to do on after all that

IMG_5790_zpsyikm5fxr.jpg

IMG_5794_zpsbh09uvd9.jpg

IMG_5794a_zpsk6dcwie4.jpg

Got to sort those rotors.. also need to drill out two access panels in the front pylon.  Next week not great as I'm up in Jockland Wednesday to Friday, so only Mon & Tues to get some time in

• Like 3

The number of bits sticking out all over this airframe that you've had to add are quite something Si. Seen as a total package they give this a real presence.

• Like 1

Absolute nuts , but seriously good modelling skills!

I, too, am learning some interesting techniques from this outstanding build, but I am glad I work in 72nd and close my helicopters up!

All power to your modelling arms and eyesight!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Absolute nuts , but seriously good modelling skills!

I, too, am learning some interesting techniques from this outstanding build, but I am glad I work in 72nd and close my helicopters up!

All power to your modelling arms and eyesight!

Cheers fella.  Glad you have stuck with it.

11 hours ago, TheBaron said:

The number of bits sticking out all over this airframe that you've had to add are quite something Si. Seen as a total package they give this a real presence.

Thanks Tony - yep it deffo makes a difference.  I've got a bit more work to do on sticky outy bits on the underneath, but not loads fortunately.  Hopefully I will have cracked the underneath by Tuesday night as I'm off the air til Friday night.

Managed to get half an hour in this morning.  Marking up lines and prepping resin bits is mahoosively time consuming.  The latest two fins - one is the original and the second is a cast I took off it.  Another half dozen sticky outy bits to go......

IMG_5796_zpsxq6vyw6h.jpg

quick dog alert as well whilst I'm here.  

IMG_5737_zpshsqdwomt.jpg

Its a tough life...  It gets its second set of injections on Wednesday, which means the thing can go out.  Its doing my head in at the minute as its stir crazy.

Oh - she's put that lovely red apple wax table cloth back down that some of you may have grown to love.

Worky thing now.  I hate work.  I had a physics teacher years ago called Tom Mead who used to tell us work was unnatural - law of physics allegedly. He weren't half right.    

• Like 1

Alternator sorted Si?

The pup certainly is, my missus just said "she's lying on a nice little leather cushion....oh blimey its her ear!" 

She likes her too. :)

The Wokkas obviously finished now, I'll just Photoshop a bit of olive green drab on that last sitting shot and you can get on with the loady bits. ;)

Wokka is looking "authentic" mate, just the proper sit

Magic.

3 minutes ago, perdu said:

Alternator sorted Si?

The pup certainly is, my missus just said "she's lying on a nice little leather cushion....oh blimey its her ear!" 

She likes her too. :)

The Wokkas obviously finished now, I'll just Photoshop a bit of olive green drab on that last sitting shot and you can get on with the loady bits. ;)

Wokka is looking "authentic" mate, just the proper sit

Magic.

Yep all sorted - it was a proper mare getting that bolt out, even with no radiator in.

The hound is a total pain in the arrse.  I cant get any work done for it - its having a kip now.

Paint is going to require a bit of thought.  Looking at the Wokkas in Afghan, the paint work has taken a lot of hammer, so panels will require aging, as well as covering with a healthy and selectively placed layer of dust.  

As ever, the outside paint job will obviously make or break the whole thing.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simmerit said:

Yep all sorted - it was a proper mare getting that bolt out, even with no radiator in.

The hound is a total pain in the arrse.  I cant get any work done for it - its having a kip now.

Paint is going to require a bit of thought.  Looking at the Wokkas in Afghan, the paint work has taken a lot of hammer, so panels will require aging, as well as covering with a healthy and selectively placed layer of dust.  

As ever, the outside paint job will obviously make or break the whole thing.  

I'm looking forward to the paint job. After your glowing recommendation of a certain paint manufacturer I decided to gamble and in a fit of rashness ordered up a set of federal colours for my viper. They're finally in the post and should arrive soon. I hope they're not going to end up on the "What induced me to do that" pile.

Edited by Reilly

4 hours ago, Reilly said:

I'm looking forward to the paint job. After your glowing recommendation of a certain paint manufacturer I decided to gamble and in a fit of rashness ordered up a set of federal colours for my viper. They're finally in the post and should arrive soon. I hope they're not going to end up on the "What induced me to do that" pile.

On the basis that you paint that Viper before I paint the Wokka, you'd best let everyone know how you get on!!  I'm sure it will be fine.  Another eff up will cost them their business I'd have thought.  Reputational damage is not a good thing.  That said, InAccurate Armour are still trading:-)

IMG_5811_zpsptwk6fws.jpg

Another little step..  

About to do my 'to complete' list!!!!  Top item will be rivets

• Like 3

Looks stunning Si, the amount of antenna's underneath is jaw dropping.

Interested to see how you show flight in the rotors, I've seen Black Op's models use brass rod in their MD-500 rotor blades, the 500 is one of the rare helicopters without droop when at rest.

Keep going mate, follow heart and not the hype with the paint, I'm not keen on all this "new clothes" BS.

1 hour ago, simmerit said:

On the basis that you paint that Viper before I paint the Wokka, you'd best let everyone know how you get on!!  I'm sure it will be fine.  Another eff up will cost them their business I'd have thought.  Reputational damage is not a good thing.  That said, InAccurate Armour are still trading:-)

Once they're in I'll be testing them on some gash kit and will report the results. I hope they do work as it will save a bit of effort in mixing while trying to get close to some of the FS colours.

2 hours ago, Howlindawg said:

I'm not sure which I admire more; your modelling skills or your stupidity.

I've corrected that for you!!  Only kidding.  Patience?  Moi?  Deffo stupidity!!

2 hours ago, Wafu said:

Looks stunning Si, the amount of antenna's underneath is jaw dropping.

Interested to see how you show flight in the rotors, I've seen Black Op's models use brass rod in their MD-500 rotor blades, the 500 is one of the rare helicopters without droop when at rest.

Keep going mate, follow heart and not the hype with the paint, I'm not keen on all this "new clothes" BS.

Cheers Ian.   must say the detail really makes a difference.  I just hope I dont cock it up!!

Rotors will have to be cut off, straightened then re-seated, with the angle upwards (if that makes sense).

On the paint, is is not fit for purpose, it will go int he bin.  Lets see how Reilly (below) gets on with his Viper!!

1 hour ago, Reilly said:

Once they're in I'll be testing them on some gash kit and will report the results. I hope they do work as it will save a bit of effort in mixing while trying to get close to some of the FS colours.

Lets see how we get on. You first though!!

Ran out of steam now as just back got the gym.  When I was skiing I said to the mrs I was going to become an extreme athlete.......  honest

2 hours ago, Bigdave22014 said:

That's a lot of sticky-out things you've added. Superb work as always.

Yup its a lot.  Had a play with those lights this morning

IMG_5819_zpsmdz1ks93.jpg

so they fit now

6 hours ago, crushkill said:

Not related to the bird, but your pup's colors are beautiful.  Is it just her front legs with the white?  

Ah the hound.  The Hound

IMG_5799_zpskrb0urhs.png

IMG_5812_zpsvulme22y.jpg

She's ace

• Like 3