Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

I'm a bit happier with that.

IMG_4611_zpszevjj887.jpg

I was talking to Dan about it earlier and on the surface, this looks like a pretty easy thing to have done, and I suppose it is when you look at it in isolation from everything else I've had to sort out.  When you bundle all the problems up, it was actually quite a complex job on the quiet.

IMG_4614_zpseyi8pvzf.jpg

Those two rails are in now - that's how it sits.  

IMG_4616_zpsytoc7rgx.jpg

bottom collar to sort and thats it

IMG_4617_zpsjdwbtvbf.jpg

IMG_4619_zpsctohynyo.jpg

IMG_4620_zpsloeml7eo.jpg

Once this on is finalised, the other one will be a breeze.  Everything cut out and not far of being ready to go.  Only one minor whichis the bottom collar is about 3.5mm wide looking at it, where as the top one is 5mm.  Most bizarre

• Like 10

There!

That's where you are getting Si  :)

Looking very much the business now

(sheesh to think I thought it was OK back then...sheesh. Looks great mate)

:thumbsup2:

Edited by perdu
tidy up usual cruddy typing mostookes)

got some time in on the second filter and engine basket and cowling

IMG_4700_zpsksoenpoy.jpg

and developed a nice technique for cutting circles in this stuff along the way. Hoping to completely nail the second one tomorrow

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, TheBaron said:

I see the splendour continues. That filter and cowl work is worth the effort.

Tony

Thanks Tony.  I think its been worth the effort

IMG_4702_zpsi2xysjpr.jpg

IMG_4707_zpslrbc5qwu.jpg

I'm just tidying up the second basket and cowl now.  I've got a bit of time today so I am hoping SWMBO will cut me some slack today.  The last bits needing to be scratch built are the mounting brackets that secure the sand filters to the rails.  Cutting those engine mounts down was deffo the right thing to do.

|I plan to knock  a second set of filters out when I finish the engine mounts.  No I know what I'm doing, its a couple of days work.  I'll take some castings and if anyone wants a set they can pm me. I'll post the cast versions when I've done em

• Like 1

Just cutting out the final mount to go on the front of the other filter, but

IMG_4731_zpsj8o2vrye.jpg

That is it.  FINALLY done.  Buckets filled.  Cowlings done.  The lot.  Next is some cellulose thinners in the Mrs Surface and its spray the exhaust outlets.

Getting close to rivets.....

• Like 3

Looks as good as it b orta after the grief you've had with getting to here Si.

That pylon is going to do my head in, the front seam looks like "Oh hell get the filler out before you go any..." then you see the real thing

Boeing should be ashamed of that huge join line 'fail', don't get carried away with the PPP :)

Its well nice mate, well done

b

Well its beer o'clock, the Yorkshire puds are about to go in, and a small update

IMG_4798_zps3nazwzmf.jpg

Been slowly pressing on with these having stripped them back.  Not much progress as the mutt got knocked over last week and it was touch and go if it would make it. Its still 50/50, so fingers crossed.

Hopefully these will be ready for a base coat of gloss black tonight

53 minutes ago, Harley John said:

Hope your pooch pulls through. Cracking work once again.

Thanks John but not as good as these :D

IMG_4800_zpsl3mp9qct.jpg

Septics on here - you dont know what you are missing lads.

The mutt is 9 now so its a tough one.  The prat next door hit it, speeding up a single track lane - he was going so fast he couldn't break.  I'm amazed it made it to be honest.  I was 3 feet away from it when he hit it at about 30 mph.  No insurance on it, and its cost a mint so well cheesed off.  I always thought dentistry was where the cash was.  If \I come back in another life I want to be a vet.

On the bright side, if it makes it I've got 12 weeks where I can run again.  I used to run every day with it until one day, it ran home after about 300 yards.  It then refused to come out with me when I had the running  kit on.  Its a proper git.

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 6

I hope the dog gets better Si, I still miss my best mate after maybe five years

The cretin driver, I hope you told him his place in the chow line

Hit

In other events, the jetpipes look better in a nice primer coat

Yorkies look rather acceptable too. ;)

24 minutes ago, perdu said:

I hope the dog gets better Si, I still miss my best mate after maybe five years

The cretin driver, I hope you told him his place in the chow line

Hit

In other events, the jetpipes look better in a nice primer coat

Yorkies look rather acceptable too. ;)

They were are, but not as good as the roast parsnips + spuds.  Fantastic.

IMG_4803_zpsa8qwqqqg.jpg

Bit happier with that than the first go at them.  I did consider casting resin ones (briefly).

Bloke next door is a total arrse.  He's back tonight doing about 40 mph down an unlit single track country lane.  He'll have been to the pub again and be p*ssed as the preverbial.  He's mid 60's - used to race Porches.  Thinks he's a proper bloke - attitude and edgy.  Someone wants to take him down a back alley and fill him in.  

Anyway.  Bitterness over.  The tw@t

• Like 2

Looks good, proper dedication to modelling.

Hope the dog gets back to full speed, ours is 13 & can be a proper pain in the proverbial but I'll miss him when he's gone, they become an important part of the gang.

I'm surprised something hasn't happened to the car.

Tempting thought it is...................................  So an early start you may be thinking, and you are quite correct.  I belted my little pinkie with a spanner (wrench) yesterday afternoon whilst replacing an alternator on my Land Rover (as you do), and I am wide awake in complete agony having popped pills all night.  Huge blood blister under the fingernail and it was swollen to twice the size, so

IMG_0110_zpsovwrxjpk.jpg

I finished the drilling on this

IMG_0108_zps6ndmvgod.jpg

then fitted the smallest drill I have to my little modelling hand drill and drilled a fine hole in my finger nail.  Lots of blood and the pressure relieved on the finger, and no more pain!  One of the benefits of modelling I guess.  So I've downed a pint of tea, I'm wide awake and I have to be up in 2 hours to get ready to go to the airport.  Fab.............................

Teeny bit of sanding inside and that one is done.  Its not quite smooth yet

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 3

The next time (I was A roAdside repair technician, I've replaced more alternators than the number of different Wokkas you ever flew in, I KNOW there'll be a next time) after you drill out the snotty residue under the nail and squeeze in a tiny dribble of Savlon you could close the hole safely with a spiddle of stuporgoo

Its the best known thing in the universe to do with cyanobuggrit

The jets are looking durned fine, pity you had to suffer to get them there

• Like 1

Well it looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of running. We had to get the mutt put down this morning.

Re the blokes car, its fair to say I'm pretty cheesed off with the prat. I've tolerated the idiot discharging a 22 calibre rifle in the garden for 10 years now, and correct me if I'm wrong but 22 cal is the snipers calibre of choice is it not? 5 years for discharging a firearm in the proximity of people is it not? Not that I am bitter. 

Very sorry to hear about this losing a dog is very hard , especially in these circumstances, not a lot what we write on forums will help however am sure All of us as an online community are thinking of you, this may be of some use though for you:https://basc.org.uk/airgunning/advice/basc-air-rifle-code-of-practice/

11 minutes ago, RAF Laarbruch said:

Very sorry to hear about this losing a dog is very hard , especially in these circumstances, not a lot what we write on forums will help however am sure All of us as an online community are thinking of you, this may be of some use though for you:https://basc.org.uk/airgunning/advice/basc-air-rifle-code-of-practice/

Thanks fella but note my post.  I said a 22 rifle not an air-rifle.  A firearm, commonly known to lads and lasses that carry them for the Queens shilling as a weapon.  A bang stick.  A gat.  One of those things you go to a range to shoot.