Trumpeter 1/35 British Heli - Its a Chinook

simmerit

1 hour ago, Mark4700 said:

This is an incredible build. Thanks for sharing, I'm learning so much about the hobby by following this. 

Thanks fella, but there are some real masters on here.  I'm glad its a help

8 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

'Little and often' should be the motto of this thread! :D

you'r not kidding!!  Do a bit, post a bit......................... 45 pages of rubbish interspersed with some snaps and commentary.  I've enjoyed researching it though, so hopefully some useful stuff on here and short cuts if anyone else is daft enough to do one of these

IMG_3513_zpsfbqmgxj7.jpg

I'll hopefully get the other section of high build on tomorrow

• Like 1

It's the tigermeet box , I have it in the stash and it's the basic matchbox kit with one extra sprue, I think you get the new cockpit seats and new antennas for the nose with the flare and chaff launchers, nothing that you couldn't handle fella B)

20 minutes ago, perdu said:

Obviously we spit on your rubbish moulding Trumpy

:thumbsup:

Looks a good fix Si

We do spit on Trumpeters rubbish molding, but.....

IMG_3564_zpsq7wcz3cr.jpg

a bit more to do.  Another 6 layers I'd say

IMG_3565_zps9ad3kgk2.jpg

that means back on the Meng Leopard 2 til the weekend.  I'll try and get the High Build Primer on tonight......

• Like 4

Anyway.  I was in London today and she rings me top say 2 big boxes turned up.  'Hmm' I thinks

IMG_3585a_zpsi3tnjw6p.jpg

this one had me a bit flumoxed

IMG_3601_zpsto3b169j.jpg

so I opened it

IMG_3602_zpsfdlvyqsi.jpg

and its getting curiouser and curiouser, and

IMG_3603_zpssons7tga.jpg

its

IMG_3604_zpst3gxjbab.jpg

sand filters:D

• Like 3

That's packaging to make a mark innit  ;)

Good job I don't have room for a Fly Walter, it'd have to be red white blue roundels and green grey black bottom, might even have been BN

Lost in the mists of time...

With a little red Pegasus on a blue ground, the first 'modifed' Frog Wessex I made was one of 72 sqn's and it'ld be nice to do it again in H U G E

I like the filters Si, any chance of a copy of the drawings I can redo in 72nd scale?  I can't remember if you showed all sides when you were planning sending the work out to Shapeways

I'd like to scratch a pair for my Wokka

2 hours ago, simmerit said:

IMG_3585a_zpsi3tnjw6p.jpg

If you can hold of a couple of years we could do a buddy build.

For all the shouting and screaming that took place before this was released, I've yet to see a completed build. There are about 3 threads on t'interwebby, and they all seem to have stalled within a week or two of starting

5 hours ago, hendie said:

If you can hold of a couple of years we could do a buddy build.

For all the shouting and screaming that took place before this was released, I've yet to see a completed build. There are about 3 threads on t'interwebby, and they all seem to have stalled within a week or two of starting

I wish. The Wokka is my first venture into building anything that flies, and I must say I've enjoyed the engineering challenge its presented, even though I sometimes hate the thing......  The Wessex looks like a different proposition altogether as the model looks incredibly well engineered, and I wonder if there is any scratch building required at all as its so good?

I do think its the Puma for me next, but mainly because of all the models I've ever started and completed, its the ones I have personal experience of riding in and happy memories of that I have mainly finished  - I've got a few unfinished bits lying around like everyone......  So I've lots of Land Rovers, a 1 tonnie and 2 x 4 tonners.  The Wokka and the Puma will complete the 'memory set', so anything else (armour or other helis) is modelling for the fun of modelling.  So how it feels is Wokka, Puma, Wessex, Lynx and a few bits of armour thrown in between for good measure.  I guess that means a buddy build is feasible, but I'll be well outclassed on the skill stakes.

Good news on the Sand Filters.  They are the emotional and practical barrier that have prevented me motoring in to finish the thing.  I should make good progress now and hopefully quickly. 

• Like 1

Excellent....crack on then ......get the filters sorted will be interested in your view of them mate ....

you see the Wessex reminds me of my time over the water which why I guess we like to model these things 

a t b

terry

No progress on the Wokka due to the worky thing and the mrs making me do stuff in the house.

Anyway.  I was in London on Thursday.  An interesting and eventful day, for reasons I wont go into, but I was in a building called the Walkie Talkie which overlooks the Thames.  There are always Helis blasting up and down the Thames, but Thursday saw a Wokka, 2 Merlins and a Black Hawk, which the conclusion drawn by a couple of lads  on ARRSE was its was off to the US Embassy.

A spectacular sight to behold from the 31st floor

IMG_3633_zpsqmol8fjx.jpg

IMG_3632_zpsobwltclb.jpg

IMG_3634_zpsxq7qp40h.jpg

That's the Shard, which is as big as a big thing.  Right.  Off to do the other Track on the Leopard 2 and watch Homeland, or Homebase as me and the mrs call it.  She's a right laugh the mrs