RAAF F-35A Joint Strike Fighter A35-001 2 OCU

Hi all

Here's my latest completed build, and the second of my Royal Australian Air Force collection.

Its the 1/48 Kitty Hawk F-35A built as A35-001, the first F-35 for the RAAF. It's in the markings of 2 OCU

The kit was an real nightmare to build, poor fitting and required lots of filling, the paint ended up not coming out the way i was hoping hence the light areas that were supposed to show through the final finish aren't really visible (which isn't a bad thing as it's only really visible on the real thing in bright light). I started it easy back in January but it spent a few months on the shelf of doom.

Now it's finished I'm fairly happy with it, and I've taken a pic with my RAAF F/A-18F

I was planning on doing an RAF F35-B and a US Navy F-35C but after this one i might reconsider that idea !

image.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

Enjoy

ScottC

Edited by ScottC
  • Like 14

Hello,ScottC - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'F35'.Whilst a great debate rages about the real aircraft there is no doubt that your model is a resplendent tribute to it.The size comparison with the Hornet is interesting too.All the best,Paul.