Jaguar XJR-9...sort of. Not MFH!

Was going to replicate all the exhausts - but simply no space, and in fact they would be too low down in reality, so just the visible bits!!

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

Basic colours being added only at this point - has come out well I think....

IMG_3807.jpg

Stripped chrome of the wheels - they were solid, but I have cut out the spokes - nightmare job as a) very small and B) the nylon-type plastic just gets 'fluffy' - really hard to cut and smooth cleanly when you can't get in there - was thinking of doing the disc brakes, but you really wouldn't see them....

Small cut in the 'gearbox' is for some chassis detail - rear suspension carrier etc :)

Edited by caterhamnut

Some made-up chassis vaguely based on reality!

IMG_3809.jpg

Starting on the wiring and plumbing....

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

It is roughly based on reality, but I am limited somewhat by clearance issues when the rear bodywork is added - it is very very tight as you might imagine, and I can't really go above the profile of the 'front' bulkhead (behind the cockpit)

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

Tweaked some colour a bit -

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

• Like 1

It took a while but here are some crummy shots of the F40. I should have checked them before I put it back.

IMG_20151207_230719.jpg

IMG_20151207_230738.jpg

IMG_20151207_230745.jpg

I built it probably about 20 years ago. The paint was to match the Tamiya one I did earlier.

IMG_20151207_230826.jpg

And here's one that will be familiar:

IMG_20151207_230947.jpg

I also have a Countach, 959, and KITT somewhere.

Carl

Thanks Carl - great to see! Haven't seen the F40 anywhere else.

I really want the 959 and the 6 Series BMW they did - but not seen them. Maybe a 959 for ridiculous price.

The LeMans-type cars are out there for less than $20, and the Nissan GTR's and similar cheaper still.

That Jaaaag looks nicely 'period' :)

Started as just a bit of fun, but I really like the idea of doing something different - I have all these 'normal' F1 kits to build, but it is daunting when you see the quality of the builds on here! Fine line between 'inspiring' and 'daunting' I guess :)

I have plans to dissect Matchbox/Hotwheels sized car next :) - although I really need to get on with that 1/12 Caterham....

• 4 weeks later...

At last a tiny bit of time!!

Tried my new toy, and cut a few things!!

Decided the rear wing looked a bit thick....

image_3.jpeg

So trimmed it a little:

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

Also used new toy to cut out some wing supports - two pieces of styrene sheet stuck together...

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

Not in correct place - it will be lower:

IMG_4424.jpg

• Like 2