1/48 Hunter & Jaguar Oman decals and Sidewinder rails/pylons.

RMP2

So far all Ive found is a referemce to Model Alliances 48-138 for the Jag and Carpena 48.99 for a Hunter. Neither of which I can find available anywhere and neither of which Im sure I really need to pay out for given how few markings these aircraft had.

So. Seeing as I have some decal paper (white and clear) is there anywhere that I can find high resolution photos/images that would help me get some thrown at the printer and a decent DIY result?

Edited by RMP2

I think one of the old Esci sheets of multiple nationalities' markings had some for the Omani airforce and the Airfix Strikemaster also. If you could get hold of them and enlarge on to a colour photocopier that might be another solution.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ill have a rummage.

I am also looking for Jaguar underwing AIM-9 rails (no other choice than butchering the overwing offerings?) along with Hunter AIM-9 inboard wing pylons and rails, Ive seen finished models with them fitted, but no idea where they are purchased from or perhaps robbed from another kit?

Understand your reluctance to purchase a full decal sheet for some small Omani emblems.

Another option would be to post in the 'Wanted' Section for some remnants from the Zotz Decals 'Roundels of the World Part 5 - Middle East' issue (SP-005). This issue contains almost a full sheet of SOAF/RAFO roundels/shields and unless someone was doing an entire fleet of aircraft, I would imagine they will have spares.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, Ive never heard of Zotz. Ill have a look for them as it wont be so bad if they cover a Hunter as well.

Ive been helped out a good few more times than Ive helped others in the Wanted Section, so Im a little reluctant to go there just yet, guilt factor is kicking in.

Zotz Decals 'Roundels of the World Part 5 - Middle East' issue (SP-005). This issue contains almost a full sheet of SOAF/RAFO roundels/shields and unless someone was doing an entire fleet of aircraft, I would imagine they will have spares.

Wow, that is a rather encompassing set, including some sanscript stuff too. Could be a plan as Id like some Middle Eastern Lightnings at some point. Many thanks for that.

My Hannants searching skills are poor. No idea why they didnt show up for me. Thank you very much. :)

Pleased to be of service. Just be wary of Colorado Decals. I had them for my French Mosquito and whilst they looked great, they were less than stellar in sticking to anything other than a flat surface!

Trevor

I suspect is was the "Colorado" that was lacking in my search. Cheers, experience info is good. I assume you hit them with Microsol/set etc or similar?

Hmm. Ive found Humbrol Gloss Cote to give better results than the floor polish. Funny how it works differently for different people, must be technique?

• Like 1

Got to say that Microset has saved my bottom with some silvering and settling in the (recent) past along with a hell of a lot pin pricking. Decals - a world of their own.

Think Im overed for decals options now, thank you guys, how about these Sidewinder rails? Jag can be botched from the over wing parts, but how about the Hunter wing pylons and rails?

Thats one of the photos I nearly posted as an example.

Ok, Maybe a spares box/scratch combo jobby is required. A dirty Hunter has to be the best option for such a pretty thing, I mean - pretty n dirty go well together.

I have PROPAGTEAM Hunters in 1/72 there are decals for Kuwait , Oman HUNTERS I can arrange it I do not need.

P.k

Thank you, but I think I have found all the decals I need in 1/48 now.

Edited by RMP2

A quick rummage through the stash threw up some dinky pylons and rails spare in the Airfix Red Arrow Hawk kit, pretty sure I can make those close enough for me on a Hunter. Looks to be 4 rails in there in fact, helpfull for Jags too. :)