Revell 1/48 WAH 64 D

Revells 1/48 Apache done as a Brit. I found some nice pics of a dusty one, presubably in use in the middle east somewhere, which looked more interesting than a straight green, so this had a sand wash with added pigments over the tamiya paint to liven it up.

Used the Heritage conversion parts and Attack Squardron Hellfires and pylons. Nice missiles but its a shame the pylons dont have the wiring detail on them as its a pain to add. Had to print my own decals to make them look like brit hellfires too.

wired up the gun, rear rotor, and radome, and added the prominent rivets to the radome with lead wire, and used lenses from little cars for the seeker heads and tv cameras.

There is no wip for this as it wasnt for a GB, and as its nothing special i didnt bother. Shame really as it was quite good fun adding all the bits and bobs.

There are a few more pics plus the full res pics available on flickr if you have bad eyesight

23125449551_a5690e342f_b.jpg

22695615098_6b8fc44e59_b.jpg

23114032565_b68a6d1f44_b.jpg

23125443951_6662df43fb_b.jpg

23087945686_8d60240574_b.jpg

22695667247_1d2b167d62_b.jpg

• Like 24

Hello,Noeyedears - My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Apache'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work and she is a superb tribute to this awesome aircraft.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

great model!

did you modify the rocket pod yourself?

super ncie weathering and dust, probably Afghanistan!

the rocket pods come in the heritage WAH conversion set along with new mounts. nice and easy.