Arii/Otali 1/48 F6F-3 Hellcat

Nice neat build of one of my favourite planes. Those old Arii/Otaki kits come out well. I have the F4u in progress.

I have a Corsair on tap also. i love the otaki line, still hold up 40 years after they were designed.

Looks great especially the satin black/very dark navy blue....Just had a quick look in an F6F book i have and she was flown by Cdr James H Flatley...

Thanks for that information! Jimmy flatley was one of the famous naval aviators of WWII, nice to know this plane is a tribute to him.

:tumble::tumble::tumble: it happens.

that is why sometimes you have to do something to draw attention.... :bouncy:

Hello,Chris FFZ My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Hellcat'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work in the clean and classical way.She looks resplendent in your chosen scheme.A 'Grand Grumman' indeed! All the best,Paul.

Hello,Chris FFZ My compliments to you on a fine looking build of your 'Hellcat'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work in the clean and classical way.She looks resplendent in your chosen scheme.A 'Grand Grumman' indeed! All the best,Paul.

Thanks much paul! Sometimes clean and lean is the way to go!

I like it! Very tidy paintwork and finish, looks the biz. -Dave

Much appreciated dave!