Bf109F4B White 1 of 10(Jabo)/JG53. ICM 1/48

After what seems like a long time (because it has been) I've completed my ICM Bf109 F4 as a Jabo of JG53 using Montex Masks and decals, painted using Mr Hobby acrylics.

The kit includes an engine however I didn't have a lot of luck getting it to all line up so made it closed up. I used a colour profile in Kagero's Monograph Series Bf109F Vol 2 as the basis for the paint job. My first attempt at using Montex masks for the Balkan crosses, I didn't fancy using the supplied Swastikas though. I'm not sure I'd bother with the masks if I was to do it again.

I replaced the kit's wheels with spares from an Eduard bf109 and that supplied the bomb and rack too.

IMG_1850_zpsnnmmqxgf-L.jpg

IMG_1851_zps84sy2vz1-L.jpg

IMG_1853_zpsnl94bj6n-L.jpg

IMG_1861_zpsuyc2yyuq-L.jpg

IMG_1859_zpsrtmmhe30-L.jpg

IMG_1867_zps8qutqasc-L.jpg

I hope you like it.

Duncan B

• Like 23

This is the most beautiful of the 109s! After the F, it went down hill as far as I am concerned!

Beautiful paint job all around. The bomb is indeed perfectly weathered. You could even have added some mud, for the hell of it!

Congrats!

JR

• Like 1

Great Bf109. The weathering looks very good. I can see why your pleased with the bomb. Joe

• Like 1

:gobsmacked: I'm struggling to complete half a decent BF109, you present three masterpieces at once ... I'm giving up! Seriously, this looks great too, now I'm headed to see the third one

Ciao

• Like 1