TOTAL SCRATCH BUILD OF THE FRONT END OF A B17G

Fozzy

& I'm pleased you went to the trouble, I  must have missed this the first time around,  it's fantastic & educational as well, you've done an amazing  job that really does convey what went into the front of a B-17, mainly Oxygen & Ammo by the look of it. :) I wonder how many B-17s were lost by their oxygen bottles being hit & exploding?? :(

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I wonder how many B-17s were lost by their oxygen bottles being hit & exploding?? :(

Steve.

It beggars belief Steve!...I certainly wouldn't of wanted to sit there with all that behind my seat!.....true brave men!

Thanks for all your comments lads ;)

• Like 1

An epic piece of creative modelling and demonstration of the skills associated to our hobby

I confess to dropping out of the WIP (but remember it so well now I come to think of it), but to see it finished in all its glory, well, I'm just lost for words now.. perhaps this colour changing bouncy thing will do instead

:wow:

• Like 1

You really get the sense of what it was like in those cramped, very busy compartments! I can almost smell the oil, cordite and fumes...simply amazing work Fozzy, congratulations! Could you include a photo of your build with a paint tin or similar so we can get a sense of scale?

16 minutes ago, Charlie19 said:

You really get the sense of what it was like in those cramped, very busy compartments! I can almost smell the oil, cordite and fumes...simply amazing work Fozzy, congratulations! Could you include a photo of your build with a paint tin or similar so we can get a sense of scale?

I'll get something together Charlie!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys...and thanks for all your input!

....so as requested Charlie here is a photo of my B17G next to a can of Humbrol paint for scale

li_005.jpg

Cheers

Fozzy

• Like 5