Double F5 Build

Jpthedog

It seems like someone beat me to it, but having looked at the stash I decided to build two F5's at once for this GB. Italeri F-5A and Revell boxing F-5B - both are from the same mould though (ESCI?) and both will be spanish AF, the F-5A will be cammo and the 2 seater silver. Both will be OOB as both kits are handily supplied with Spanish AF decals!

F5A box

IMG_7083_zpsowyafeea.jpg

F5A colur scheme and decals

IMG_7084_zpslwe00rdf.jpg

F5B box

IMG_7082_zpse3cawvng.jpg

Decals

IMG_7081_zps86smq0gs.jpg

Comparison of both sprue sets

F5A

IMG_7135_zps7vbwgkzq.jpg

F5B

IMG_7134_zpsy0k090kq.jpg

• Like 6

welcome aboard, nice to have you here for the GB.

This would be a pretty small GB if it wasn't for Esci's old F-5!

Another great choice of colour schemes plus it interesting the number of people who are build two F-5's and mostly a single and two seater version.

Well good luck wit the build, hope it it is a pleasant and enjoyable one and look forward to seeing these two beauties in the galleys.

• Like 1

welcome aboard, nice to have you here for the GB.

This would be a pretty small GB if it wasn't for Esci's old F-5!

Another great choice of colour schemes plus it interesting the number of people who are build two F-5's and mostly a single and two seater version.

Well good luck wit the build, hope it it is a pleasant and enjoyable one and look forward to seeing these two beauties in the galleys.

Rich - cheers - yeah strange with all the ESCI F-5s and double builds F-5A and B's. I think it looks like a simple kit hence the thought why not build 2 at once! I have the 1/48the Kinetic F-5A, but I doubt I would even get the cockpit finished by the end of the GB!

• 6 months later...

Apologies for the non completion (again) of a group build! Progress if anyone is still following this thread:

IMG_8049_zpsvxjxhiig.jpg

Tip tanks with clear piece added for nav lights - after gluing on the wrong end!!

IMG_8996_zpsqxhdf6ww.jpg

F-5B primed

IMG_9128_zpsbjmtgdbs.jpg

F-5B with its NMF sprayed

IMG_9129_zpsj0jprhzd.jpg

Close up of the NMF - too shiny!

• Like 1

Good to see that you are still working on these Jp. Nice metal finish.

Yeah I will complete them both. The NMF is Metal Extreme - pretty easy to use. Will dirty it up but not too much for the Spanish scheme.

it's great to see you're still at it with these two, well done!

Thats is a nice finish with the NMF, she well look nice.

keep the updates coming, it'll be nice to see these two finished.

it's great to see you're still at it with these two, well done!

Thats is a nice finish with the NMF, she well look nice.

keep the updates coming, it'll be nice to see these two finished.

Rich - great to see people still interested, my tardiness doent deserve it! The silver F-5B will contract with the 3 tone camo of the SRF-5A