Revell 1:32 Westland Lynx HAS.3

Joesdad

Looking good, and you did well to get the new canopy, I have three of the twin seat 1/48 EF-2000 kits, one of the canopies is an absolute mess. I emailed them and they wanted me to pay almost as much as the kit had cost me. Maybe I got them on a bad day? The kit is in the loft, I'd forgotten about it tbh until I saw this thread.

Edited by Viper15

I've had a disaster!!! Ive totally got the tinting wrong... In the following you'll understand why....

99ACC6E3-EC1F-42C1-AC5C-75A1664EA9ED_zps

39CF1D5A-9B74-428D-93C1-D3B29A9BF1AA_zps

7B15A4E2-FCBD-42BF-9FD1-B0E68F638531_zps

What I think I'd done was to add too many layers of the blue, the clear cote can only clear-up so much.

GUTTED!!

Not much I can do now as Aqua Gloss is hard as nails. I guess cellulose thinner would remove the Aqua Gloss but it would also remove the canopy.....

Can you take it apart? Detol mate. Its shifts everything. Give it go

• Like 1

Try Mr.Muscle Oven Cleaner to take the paint off. Leave the masking etc on and it shouldn't remove the underneath if you're careful. Spray the oven cleaner into a cup, then brush it on the offending canopy, wait a while then wash it off with clean water. As you scrub the paint it should come off nice n easy :)

HTH

• Like 1

Windolene or anything with a hint of ammonia in it will lift the aqua gloss and Vallejo. It's pretty much just Klear floor polish anyway. I always tint on the inside using thin Tamiya clear paints. That way you are left with a glossy external finish.

• Like 1

Yeah Tamiya clear paints for me too and as Inverted said on the inside, Windolene was the glass cleaner ! I was trying to think of its name !!

Guy

Edit

Got a spare anti torque pedal I just lost one :banghead:

Edited by F4u

Try Mr.Muscle Oven Cleaner to take the paint off. Leave the masking etc on and it shouldn't remove the underneath if you're careful. Spray the oven cleaner into a cup, then brush it on the offending canopy, wait a while then wash it off with clean water. As you scrub the paint it should come off nice n easy :)

HTH

It's not the paint I'm worried getting its the Aqua Gloss, it's hard as nails...

Before using anything else try a cotton bud dipped in methylated spirits. It will easily remove acrylic paint and because the Alclad lacquer is on top of the acrylic paint that should come off too. My favourite paint remover.