It's a Victor!

DAG058

I'd have received mine this morning had I not moved 5 months ago... Despite changing my address details on the Airfix website and despite contacting them and having them change the delivery address on the actual order documentation, Hornby still managed to conspire to try and deliver to my old address. Hurumph!

• Like 1

Well mine has turned up, had the email yesterday saying it would be Monday and then get one this morning saying this afternoon, so good job I was expecting other parcels so was in to receive it.

Says designed and manufactured in the UK B)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rafalbert said:

They did the same to me with my Basset which I never received in the end.

That's frustrating. Did you get your money back?

The only reason I realised is that they attempted delivery at my old address and failed, but messaged me about the attempted delivery. After realising that I had not been carded I looked at the delivery address in the DPD delivery info and realised their mistake.

I've had several instances in the past where they've not deducted my club discount too. Whilst Airfix's service is generally good, it would appear that their administration can let them down. 

Ah well, the Victor should be in my hands on Monday. Hope it's worth the wait.

10 hours ago, March said:

I'd have received mine this morning had I not moved 5 months ago... Despite changing my address details on the Airfix website and despite contacting them and having them change the delivery address on the actual order documentation, Hornby still managed to conspire to try and deliver to my old address. Hurumph!

I can do better than that. I actually cancelled my order for 2 Victors because of the price hike. They still managed to bill me AND send the cancelled order. It will cost me nearly £20 postage to return the item which should never have been sent to begin with. Needless to say I will be asking for a refund of postage as well. :angrysoapbox.sml: 

Allan

On 13/11/2016 at 9:33 AM, WV908 said:

I'm guessing by the lack of photos that Airfix had no examples of the Victor or it's sprues on display? I'm waiting the see the situation on the bomb bay doors as mine will be going straight in for a B1 conversion 

cheers,

WV908

Not sure if you've seen this thread, great news the conventional bomb doors ARE included in this kit!

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

Not sure if you've seen this thread, great news the conventional bomb doors ARE included in this kit!

Cheers 71Chally,

Just found that out myself as my Victor has arrived - what a bit of kit, the parts for the wings and engines just look mad!

cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

Evening all,

I admit it is an expensive kit, even with the club discount price I can't even afford to think of how much it cost, especially as i'm doing this to it :sick: The first Airfix Mk1 Victor ;) 

IMG_1549_zpstfsopnxv.jpg

IMG_1550_zps8bftb3xx.jpg

IMG_1551_zpszpcnzttz.jpg

I'm going to get the starboard wing done before I put it in the WIP as the surgery necessary looks pretty horrific; it's worse on the wings than on the fuselage, and that's bad enough! I'll do the port wing in the WIP and you'll see what I mean. Price aside, this kit is star systems ahead of the old Matchbox kit.

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
  • Like 4

Is it too soon to expect an in-box video review or any screen shots of the instructions and decal sheet? 

I had previously said no no no to the 1/48 Javelin until I saw some lovely sprue photographs.. after that I couldn't order one quick enough. This Victor will possibly be a similar purchase - I think!! 

Cheers.. Dave

Here's a taster...

412969693.jpg

This kit was announced at Scale Model World, Telford, just over a year ago and is the completion of the Airfix V-Bomber collection.
Dimensions: Length 486mm Width 508mm
Parts count: 228 pieces

412969699.jpg
412969700.jpg
412969701.jpg
412969702.jpg

Skill Level: 3
Flying Hours: 4
Detail quality: State of the art
Paints advised: 11, 24, 28, 33, 52, 53, 56, 62, 70, 78, 85, 126, 230, 147, 150, 163 & 166

412969696.jpg
412969697.jpg

Provision of reference material: None
Decal quality and options: 2 options, excellent quality
412969698.jpg
412969694.jpg
412969695.jpg

As an aside, although the instructions indicate a Blue Steel carrying version
412969704.jpg

it would appear that conventional bomb bay door are included
412969703.jpg

• Like 5

Ratch, 

Thats exactly what I was after and it would appear that (as I thought) I now really want one. 

It would be nice to know if a B/K.1 was ever likely to be kitted without the need of a conversation set, however we'll probably never know until this kit has sold enough worldwide. 

Cheers and once again - thanks.. Dave

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Ratch, 

Thats exactly what I was after and it would appear that (as I thought) I now really want one. 

It would be nice to know if a B/K.1 was ever likely to be kitted without the need of a conversation set, however we'll probably never know until this kit has sold enough worldwide. 

Cheers and once again - thanks.. Dave

Hi Rabbit Leader,

If Airfix were to tool up a B1, new fuselage halves would be needed as would new inboard wing sections, a new intake assembly etc, which seems to be beyond what Airfix is usually happy with doing, the new fuselage halves probably being the nail in the coffin, hence why I'm grafting in the old flightpath set.

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WV908 said:

If Airfix were to tool up a B1, new fuselage halves would be needed as would new inboard wing sections, a new intake assembly etc,

Hi WV908, could you please explain in layman's terms

8 hours ago, Ratch said:

Hi WV908, could you please explain in layman's terms

Hi Ratch, 

As you'll be able to see on your fuselage halves, there is a large horizontal intake just forward of the tail that is B.2 and K.2 only. Also, when you look at the forward point where the wings mate onto the fuselage, part of the intake / wing leading edge is present on the fuselage. Due to these B.2 / K.2 only bits being integrally moulded into the fuselage it's highly unlikely Airfix will tool up a B.1 from this kit as it requires more than just new wing sections. In other words, the Aifix Victor fuselage cannot be used for a B1 without modification. If the wing had been made differently and the tail was separate then it would be possible for airfix simply to tool up a different tail and different inner wing sections. Since they haven't done it that way, the only way for me to do XH648 and 7850M is to hack the Airfix offering to bits to squeeze in the flightpath intakes 

Cheers,

WV908

I got mine today.  Delighted doesn't quite cover it.

No WIP from me, waiting for the Vulcan which must surely come, and then the giant V-Bomber triple build! 

• Like 1

Not my scene - but a link to Hannants has some nice images.... https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AX12008

Also, Armory in the Ukraine do some resin wheels (presumably for the Matchbox/Revell kit - or they are very quick off the mark!)....

http://armoryhobbyshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=47508

.....ooops , just realised they are 'Brassin' - so, presumably Eduard???

Ken

I live in Canada so it won't arrive here until late Jan or Feb, so I ordered mine from Hannants.

Waiting for the email telling me they are on the way. 

Will build one in white and one in camo.to go with my Valiants and Vulcans by Airfix..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine through the post.  Delighted would be an understatement and the kit engineering is superb, in my view, worth every penny at full retail rice and made in the UK too!

A K.2 must surely be in the offering as there are lots of K.2 details in this kit, for example, the outer wing panels appear to show mounting points for the Mk.20B pods.  I just wonder how Airfix will market a K.2 version? Add on pack like the Valiant?

5 hours ago, bobgpw said:

A K.2 must surely be in the offering as there are lots of K.2 details in this kit, for example, the outer wing panels appear to show mounting points for the Mk.20B pods.  I just wonder how Airfix will market a K.2 version? Add on pack like the Valiant?

Interesting as the K2 has shorter outer wings