1/24 Lotus Esprit S1 James Bond Car Submarine

Gobs of Espresso

• 2 months later...

I remember when this movie was released. The movie theater had the Lotus in the lobby and I got to sit in it. Nice car, cool kit.

Looks like a great kit. I can't help noticing that the box does not mention James Bond, the film title or the name Lotus. I guess that will keep the licencing costs down for Fujimi.

Thanks for the pictures.

Stuart

That seems to be what they are trying to do, but they do say "Bond Car" which I'd say might have the 007 copyright lawyers excited!

I assume this not a licensed "James Bond" or even "Lotus" item. You may want to grab one or two just to be safe!

Yes, it has clear parts, but they are so crystal clear I couldn't get good photos! It has separate clear lenses for the tail lights, front marker lights and headlights, each with their own chrome reflectors! The headlights even have the correct engraved lines in each lens. I'm really impressed with the details of this kit. It would have been nice to have a full engine though. Maybe they will go all out and release a full detail street kit.

Actually, looking closer at the decals they say they are copyrighted by United Artists. So this must be a licensed "Bond" kit.

Edited by directorcass
  • Like 1

. Maybe they will go all out and release a full detail street kit.

Hope so!

I already have the Monogram Sport 300 reaching the end of the production line and would love to have an S1 to go with it!

Cheers

Rick (working for Norfolk's premier car manufacturer)