Xtracolor SAS grey

Mal

Hi,Perhaps someone can help,has X338 SAS grey been removed from the Xtracolor range?If this is the case can anyone suggest a paint that's obtainable in the UK such as Halfords or one of the modelling paints,that could be used as an alternative to X338.

Thanks,

Malcolm

I too have struggled to find x338, revell have done a few SAS planes and they say use 371 but I don't know how accurate it is as they use it for most light grey. Maybe use it as a staring point and lighten it darken it to what looks right from pics.

Thanks

If all you can get is Revell 371 then I'd lighten that with a large quantity of white or alternatively add drops of 371 to a tin of white. It's a bit like KLM grey in that it almost appears white until placed beside something that is white then it's obvious it's a very light grey.

Not much help but it's a good place to start in the absence of xtracolor X338.

Jeff

• Like 1

It is all about appearances. In my lily pond, I have a bright yellow lily (N. Joey Tomachek ) that is yellow, and a bunch of doubles (N. Perry's Double yellow ). Now Perrys almost looks white, but when I put a white lily beside it ( N. Alba ) it is very yellow -so one goes for the colour one needs, but one also has to stage it!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for taking so long to answer,can I say thank you to everyone for their reply.Ian thanks for the offer but living a fair distance from Manchester it would be a little impractical.

Thanks,

Malcolm.