1/72nd Italeri Short Stirling Mk.1 R9358 BU-A, 214 squadron....

Lowered the height of the canopy by 2mm

Ah I had the feeling the canopy of the kit has too much height ...

Re-profiled the fuselage topside section

Have to look into this, thanks for pointing it out that there is a problem there.

What a great and convincing build anyways !!

• Like 2

Thanks chaps, appreciated as ever,

Rich, yes it'll be there...(it better had be now I've finally found some time to finish the blessed thing !).....along with many more.

occa, yes it's a pain, if you want an accurate Stirling out of the box then this aint it...the fuselage section issue was bought to my attention by John Lathwell of the Stirling Project who has copies of factory plans, he noticed that it looked odd and investigated...

Cheers...

• Like 3

Beauty! Your modelling skills are undeniable but your aircraft terminology is questionable. The carb intakes are on the upper rear of the engine nacelles, behind the cooling gills. On the mark of Stirling, the oil coolers are the openings in the leading edge of the wings, between the engine nacelles. On the latter marks, the oil coolers were the tubular items under the engines.

Chris

Ah, yes. I understand completely. I have to make sure I proof-read everything before I hit the " post " button. My weak typing skills have definitely not improved with age.

Chris

• Like 1

Ha...Chris, I know what you mean, 'type in haste, repent at...' and all that. I spend most days writing articles for modelling magazines and still have to check the text over and over before showing it to my 'proof reader' daughter, (school teacher) who usually says...'well that hardly makes any sense !'...oh well there's always the delete button !

Thanks Beard, (great handle !)...it's not that hard really.

Edited by general melchett

Hi General,

I have been waiting to see your Stirling and you have not disappointed that sir is really nice.

1/48 would be nice and as you say look right too along with a new 1/48 Lanc and Halibag we don't ask for much do we ??

Once again good work.

Guy

• Like 1

Wow, Stirling work you've done there (see what I did there!), what a stunner of a build. Not an aircraft I know much about myself, but from the list of alterations and amendments you've certainly done it proud.

Beautiful (just like my puns!)

Eng

• Like 1

Thanks fellas, I think most of us have a liking for the old Stirling....

Eng I was wondering who would be the first and there you are, bold as brass..... :winkgrin:

Cheers Tony, appreciate that...hopefully see you on Saturday I'll be there along with the other reprobates, co-conspirators and delinquents, it's a 'bring a bottle do' and no, can't can't bring that !

Thanks Egor, yes, you're right it's eaten into quite a few things to be honest as I couldn't leave it as is and only end up making a lot more work for myself, (and to think I've still got the 1/48th FM Halifax B.III to do yet ! :banghead: )..now I will get back to the swinger.....though it's got stiff competition from a certain Sukhoi swinging product too, (and it's not one of Trumpeters efforts !).

General, I do wish you would stop posting your poor quality work on here, I mean really! Put some effort in!! (Sarcasm was heavily involved in the making of this post)

I remember making the Airfix kit as a kid, my grandad (the reason I love aircraft) bought me one for my birthday, I saw a pic of another bomber (Lanc I think) with the saint pic on the side so painted one on my Stirling! Happy to see I wasn't completely off the mark. I my childish mind it turned out just like yours. ....in the real world it was probably a mess of humbrol enamels and silvered wonky transfers.

Beautiful model, as ever, shame I won't be seeing it at Telford

Rob

• Like 1