1/48 - Hunting Percival P.56 Provost T.Mk.1/Mk.52 & 53 by MikroMir - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...

Yes I picked one up Sunday from a trader for £26.  Well worth the money, typical Mikromir plastic, it does seem to rattle around in a much too large box. Not an issue though.

Julien

• 3 weeks later...

Today in my box. Coming from Ukraine :clap2:

Need now same quality injected Chipmunk T.Mk.1 and DH.82 Tiger Moth kits in the same scale!

Provost.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

Take care. Canopy fit is b......t .  🤬

Would be very interested to see how you assemble the canopy. The windscreen shape (curve) doesn't fit with the shape of the two (yes two... ) parts composing the canopy. Did MikroMir ever test built or test fit the kit before placing it on the market? I do have some reservations. 🤨

The clear parts mould has to be redesigned to say the least.

20180527_200728_resized.jpg

mm48014_2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Would be very interested to see how you assemble the canopy. The windscreen shape (curve) doesn't fit with the shape of the two (yes two... ) parts composing the canopy. Did MikroMir ever test built or test fit the kit before the placing on the market? I do have some reservations. 🤨

The clear parts mould has to be redesigned.

mm48014_2.jpg

V.P.

I'm going to wait for a aftermarket one, want to have it open, and as you say the kit one looks 'interesting'!!!!!

Aftermarket for a MikroMir kit? It could be a long wait.

To my deep regret I can only advise modellers not purchasing this kit until MikroMir decides to provide a new and corrected clear sprue.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

The cross section of the windscreen arch is a lot better shaped than the front arch of the sliding section.

But that canopy is weirdly engineered in its breakdown, as well as its shape. I can't think of any good reason to make it three piece in that format. It should have been either one piece or windscreen / sliding section /fixed rear section. However, the sliding section would always need to be thinner than injection moulding can manage, in order to fit over the fixed rear section in the open configuration. 

What I'd do with that is just saw the back fixed section off, carve a new limewood sliding section and crash-mould it in clear sheet.  But yes, for those who don;t want to make their own components it's a real shame they didn't do a standard one-piece fixed canopy, or vac-form it.

3 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

I can't think of any good reason to make it three piece in that format.

Mould lock because of the top horizontal frames of the canopy.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Homebee said:

Would be very interested to see how you assemble the canopy. The windscreen shape (curve) doesn't fit with the shape of the two (yes two... ) parts composing the canopy. Did MikroMir ever test built or test fit the kit before placing it on the market? I do have some reservations. 🤨

The clear parts mould has to be redesigned to say the least.

mm48014_2.jpg

V.P.

I checked it today, and unfortunately it's true. How could it happen I do not know. We will completely remake these details.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5