1/48 Wolfpack F-5A "Skoshi Tiger" - completed

Still making good progress with this build…though at this rate I’ll be finished maybe next weekend!!!

Ok she was given a nice gloss coat and allowed to sit for a while to cure. Then the panel lines were done with a black wash, I normally do this later but decided to try something different.

Just with the panel lines done she is looking even better.

DSCF1363_zpsl6fqn60l.jpg

DSCF1364_zpshewaciaf.jpg

DSCF1365_zpsy9dlpaww.jpg

DSCF1367_zpsrepbojm0.jpg

While I was waiting for this and the clear coat to dry even further I finished off the ejection seat. I ended up using the Wolfpack supplied one rather than the original kit one with Eduard bits. The Wolfpack one just looked better even if it does have moulded in seat belts.

DSCF1368_zpsj4s8m1j2.jpg

Finally time for the decals, during which when I was applying them a noticed/worked out two things that needed correcting. First up the version I was doing is actually a Block 20 F-5A, the other scheme (just different serial numbers) is a Block 25 F-5C, so I need to change my title. Only a rivet counter could actually tell the difference between the two, basically they were the same aircraft and both were part of the Skoshi Tiger program.

The other issue was only noticed as I applied certain decals……I had gotten the camouflage pattern wrong in one place! Of cause this bugged me no end so I had to fix it. Rather than wait for another clear coat to protect the decals I just masked up and fixed it. Now I’m happy!

As you can see she is looking awesome though in need of a matt coat.

DSCF1369_zps50i2jpci.jpg

DSCF1370_zpsop6dmqzf.jpg

What’s next, well the nose has to come off to fit the nose gear assembly, then the main gear will be fitted and the wheel wells and air brake areas will be painted. All the gear and air brake doors have been painted. Then I can finish off the cockpit area.

Not a lot left to do, so may slow down and search the stash for something else to play with!

• Like 7

That is looking great. O, you can always build a second one.

Cheers,

thanks.

at the rate i'm going at the moment I might have to, have done heaps more.....there is a real chance I could even finish tomorrow! :yikes:

arr I wish I had the time...just need to try a clear this project off the shelf before I go on holidays!

and as you can see I have been busy.......

DSCF1371_zps5s1fyse4.jpg

DSCF1372_zpspslkbsav.jpg

DSCF1374_zpsgj6utei2.jpg

DSCF1375_zpsn9m6cycc.jpg

no more full photos now till she's complete! :D

• Like 5

Crikey that was fast, such a nice job as well, seat and details look fantastic. Thats a lot of mission markings, I guess its a well known jet? Anyways lovely job and look forward to the finished model. What did you use for the gun sight 'light'? It looks very good!

Edited by mirageiv

Excellent colours and a lovely finish.

I never set deadlines to complete models, I have to work continually to deadlines at work and so never willingly impose them on my self in my own time.

Ok now that's is just showing off!

Seriously that looks fantastic, can't believe how quick you have got it all together. Can't wait to see it finished.

Note to self time to pull my finger out

Thanks, as I keep saying I sort of have a deadline I'm trying to work to, hence the speed. More often than not I'm a bit on the slow side as I get bogged down on some issue that bugs me or I get "distracted". A side affect of going away means I can't "play" on evilBay, a big source of distraction and toys!

But actually even with my complaining about the quality of the model, it is going together relatively simply!

I may have to re-do the black wing lines as the decals were really quite thick (like the rest of them) and so sort of standout..... it's something that is going to bug me!

The "lens" for the HUD was just silver with clear green on top......luckily the black hides the fact some of the clear green escaped!! :wall:

I don't think I'll finish her today, but next week end is looking promising.

• Like 1

Well I am very happy to say this build is complete! With just the final few bits and pieces finished I am really happy to see this one in the Gallery.

I couldn’t get the exact bombs I wanted so just stuck with a pair of Eduard Mk.81’s, they may get stolen yet for another project but only if I can get the bigger Mk.117’s or rocket pods! Because I have left the cockpit open I decided to fit the ladder as well.

Am I happy with her, you bet she came out better than I hoped/expected and I found myself loving her looks the further I went in the build process. As mentioned the base model is pretty poor and does need a little bit more work than you’d expect, but in the end you’re left with something really nice and so worth the extra effort.

Thank you all for following the build and for the nice comments, very much appreciated. Additional photos will be in the Galley & RFI sections, please enjoy.

DSCF1385_zpscy4vllzn.jpg

DSCF1381_zpstmhodozs.jpg

DSCF1380_zps9s7iia4s.jpg

DSCF1387_zpssbmtofga.jpg

DSCF1382_zpsvrebjmld.jpg

DSCF1393_zpsfwbufy9m.jpg

• Like 5

Superb result Rich, really shows all the effort you put in.

The weathering looks spot on to me.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this one come together and it has made me want to tackle my F-5A in the near future, though not for this GB as I've got 2 more starting in January that I've signed up for.

Craig.

Superb result Rich, really shows all the effort you put in.

The weathering looks spot on to me.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this one come together and it has made me want to tackle my F-5A in the near future, though not for this GB as I've got 2 more starting in January that I've signed up for.

Craig.

Thanks. I know you're in the P-47 GB aren't you? Still haven't decided if I will build for that GB, but as host I guess is should.

Currently I have restarted the "golden bird" that's the only hint I'll give. Those who know me will know it's a project I started sometime ago but couldn't finish....am making good progress with it. No build blog due two a couple of really painful "rivet counters" who tried to spoil it last time. Will PM some updates for those who know what I'm up to......PM if you do?

Thanks. I know you're in the P-47 GB aren't you? Still haven't decided if I will build for that GB, but as host I guess is should.

Currently I have restarted the "golden bird" that's the only hint I'll give. Those who know me will know it's a project I started sometime ago but couldn't finish....am making good progress with it. No build blog due two a couple of really painful "rivet counters" who tried to spoil it last time. Will PM some updates for those who know what I'm up to......PM if you do?

That's a shame. First time building models was the era of rivet counters for me and it was hard not to take comments personally and to remember the reason for my being in the hobby.

That's a shame. First time building models was the era of rivet counters for me and it was hard not to take comments personally and to remember the reason for my being in the hobby.

Nah these two were particularly painful, they got really upset because of a particular model I was building (maybe understandable with the model I was building) just because I wasn't going for 100% accuracy. That said I never saw a model from them on this site, so another case of all talk! But this is the last model on the list I didn't complete so will be really happy to finish it.

:wub: , what a build. Looks amazing Rich, love the heavy load and the base looks brilliant! Great job on the camo, it compliments the jet's shapes very well. I think the extra effort was worth it with the cockpit open, the internal canopy details look great.

:clap2:

Yes mate I'm in for the P-47 GB and also the Hurricane one and at least one of the others that are running at the start of the year. I was planning on doing a latin American P-47 but might change that now for something more exotic!

Would love to see what you are doing with your other model, and don't listen to the a***holes that love to pick fault but never build anything themselves.

Craig.