PZL P.7a (Mastercraft 1/72)

Greetings!

Here is my latest build – PZL P.7a from very old (but only available) Mastercraft kit. Model was made in memory of pre-war pilot named Leonard Haber from the 112th Fighter Squadron of 1st Air Regiment from Warsaw. On 23rd of April 1934 he flew on training mission (sharp shooting) over the Rembertów area. Same time in the air there was a training flight o seven PWS-10 fighter led by lieutenant Kołodyński. Because unfortunate coincidence Haber found his self on the collision course with those plane and didn't know about that (it was sunny but foggy day). He collided with the last PWS from the formation which was piloted by Stanisław Ziółkowski. Both planes were destroyed in air and PWS caught fire. Both hit the ground with huge impact. None of the pilots tried to rescue on parachute.

haber.jpg

wrak.jpg

The model will go to living relatives of the pilot.

The kit required a lot of scratch work. The fuselage was totally reshaped. Wing were sanded and re-scribed. Cockpit and engine was made in full scratch. I've painted in with Gunze acrylics.

g16.jpg

g13.jpg

g10.jpg

g09.jpg

g06.jpg

g05.jpg

g04.jpg

g02.jpg

g01.jpg

Cheers

Stanley

Edited by Stanley Ipkiss
  • Like 20

Now is OK with photos!, thx.

Excellent work on the model! I was thinking to post my P7 soon, but now I have to wait long, until the spectatctors will forget your work :) ....

Especally - I like your interpretation of colour. Not a brown one.

Regards

J-W

Great P7 Stanley and thanks for the background story!

I've always thought what a shame that there is no up to date P7. Now that MPM? have released the P11, you would think they could do a P7 for which there is even less choice (At least Heller did a reasonable P11).

Cheers

Michael

I've always thought what a shame that there is no up to date P7. Now that MPM? have released the P11, you would think they could do a P7 for which there is even less choice (At least Heller did a reasonable P11).

Few years ago the new P.11 was released by Azur. It is a quite good set, but still needs some work. Who knows, maybe someone will release new tool P.7. Now when 3D printing is getting more popular maybe there is a chance. I hope so :)

Thanks for comments!

Stanley