• Nordic group build
    • Racing GB
    • Non in this section
  2. 2. Non Aviation Proposals

• Vignette Group Build
    • Figure Group Build
    • None in this section

It's that time of year again folks.

Vote for the six GBs you would like to see next year. This poll opens 00:01 1st November 2015

This year there are two sections one for all and proposed GBs meeting the 30 member rule and a second for non aviation subjects of which only one is guaranteed a place in the six GBs for next year.

You can vote for all or just one but use your votes wisely. Remember you can change your vote at any time up to the end of the vote.

I will let the vote run till the end of November, unless there is no more activity and by popular opinion there is no point in keeping the poll running.

Dates will be offered to the GB that gets the most votes first and then the next most etc. However GBs that are anniversary GBs I will try to accommodate with a suitable date.

Good luck

• Like 1

Job done. Not an easy one at that either with so many great options.

Can I clarify Mish: we have a total of six votes over both sections?

Done. Five votes were already destined to GBs I had signed to, the sixth was a hard choice :)

It will be an interesting and full 2016 :)

Cheers

Jaime

Edited by jrlx

I really want to finish a GB.... So I would love the radial GB to get in, or something that I can build a Russian aircraft....

Eastern Front will give you plenty of scope for something Russian

• Like 1

Eastern Front will give you plenty of scope for something Russian

Hoping for the '80s NATO Europe vs Warsaw Pact GB' or 'Modern (1980+) carrier-based aircraft GB' to get in tbh, but Eastern Front will be good I agree! :)

there are some amazing ideas of GBs here, although one of the GBs in the vote i'm due to host if it goes ahead, but if we lose out, there is still plenty of scope here to join something else

So just to ask a very silly question. What if none in this section gets the most votes in non aviation subjects?

Maybe there should be a similar calendar for armour group builds? While I build nearly all aircraft myself I find it surprising that the Britmodeller site is so heavily dominated by aircraft modellers when model shops are pretty much divided equally between armour and aircraft.

So just to ask a very silly question. What if none in this section gets the most votes in non aviation subjects?

Maybe there should be a similar calendar for armour group builds? While I build nearly all aircraft myself I find it surprising that the Britmodeller site is so heavily dominated by aircraft modellers when model shops are pretty much divided equally between armour and aircraft.

It's a fine line really Thumper, while there are GBs that satisfy all types of modelers. for example eastern front, made in Britain, the Med/Africa all give options for all types of models, be it aircraft, tanks, ships etc, while there are GBs dedicated to specific subjects, like the helicopter GB.

My personal opinion would have been to separate aviation only GBs from the others, to give modelers that are not interested in aircraft more of a chance to build their preferred subject in a theater or markings of the GB they are interested in, for example, if we get 5 aircraft only GBs that top the polls, then there could be the possibility that we might not get any AFV models in any GBs in 2016, unless they are extremely small and manage to qualify for the vignette GBs.

This is something that I could see being a possibility due to the amount of aviation modelers that are present on BM. I am an aviation modeler myself, and I don't want the AFV, figure, diorama and ship modelers to miss out, as I still love following their builds and seeing the results of something different.

The non aviation section is ring fenced an the top scorer will go through, the 'non in this section' was added last year because some aviation only modeller didn't want to to vote for anything in the section.

Tanks? I have tried for the past 7 years to get tank build interested in GBs, and we have had two tank only GBs from memory. Pure tank modellers are either not numerous enough or not interested in GBs. Also as has been pointed out there is quite a few of the proposed GBs that will allow armour builders to build.

I count 12 group builds that, at least judged by topic name, should allow AFV:s to be built. Nowadays the GB community self moderates GB proposals quite quickly to allow non-wingything subjects. We're the good people 😊.

• Like 1

It's a fine line really Thumper, while there are GBs that satisfy all types of modelers. for example eastern front, made in Britain, the Med/Africa all give options for all types of models, be it aircraft, tanks, ships etc, while there are GBs dedicated to specific subjects, like the helicopter GB.

My personal opinion would have been to separate aviation only GBs from the others, to give modelers that are not interested in aircraft more of a chance to build their preferred subject in a theater or markings of the GB they are interested in, for example, if we get 5 aircraft only GBs that top the polls, then there could be the possibility that we might not get any AFV models in any GBs in 2016, unless they are extremely small and manage to qualify for the vignette GBs.

This is something that I could see being a possibility due to the amount of aviation modelers that are present on BM. I am an aviation modeler myself, and I don't want the AFV, figure, diorama and ship modelers to miss out, as I still love following their builds and seeing the results of something different.

The non aviation section is ring fenced an the top scorer will go through, the 'non in this section' was added last year because some aviation only modeller didn't want to to vote for anything in the section.

Tanks? I have tried for the past 7 years to get tank build interested in GBs, and we have had two tank only GBs from memory. Pure tank modellers are either not numerous enough or not interested in GBs. Also as has been pointed out there is quite a few of the proposed GBs that will allow armour builders to build.

What I was suggesting was 6 aircraft group builds and 6 tank and military vehicle group builds. I am not complaining just making a suggestion, it is just an idea and if it is a bad idea I will say no more about it.

I realise that some group builds allow both tanks, aircraft, ships and other stuff but for me it is hard to compare a model of the Warspite against a model of a Wellington bomber or Comet tank. It is a little bit like trying to compare a pig against a bull at a livestock show. Also being a mostly WW2 aircraft builder I have a interest based prejudice that leads to my having a strong bias towards WW2 aircraft, which effects my judgement.

I understand that there are exclusive forums for every type of model but feel that armour modellers are put off as they see this as a mainly aircraft forum.

Like I have already said this is only a suggestion, if it is a rubbish idea then please forget I ever mentioned it.

I wonder why no AFV:s have been a single type group build subject, at least lately. Some classics like the T-34, Sherman, PzKpfw IV, Patton, T-54/55 and Chieftain should´ve offered enough variety in prototypes and users to cater for a STGB should modellers have wanted that, especially when the limit was just 15 participants.

Regards, V-P

Aw c'mon, people, vote for Suez! Tons of interesting types: early jets, late props, British and French warships (and some British-built Egyptian ships), Centurions, M47s, SU-100s, AMX-13s!

• Like 1

old thumper, at the risk of repeating myself. I have tried to get the AFV guys interested the GB's and STGBs and there is little or no interest.

Ring fenced area or not, if there is not 30 or more member that get behind a suggestion it doesn't get to the vote. Simples :)

Can we no please drop the subject this is not the thread to be discussing it.