Marmaduke Press Decals - our first release!

Ooooer! :yahoo::frantic: I might be just a little interested...... :Tasty::thumbsup2:

Any ball park on cost yet? (Just so I can start saving...)

Hi - thanks for the positive response all!

Price wise- its hard to say at present as we need to work out if we need a couple of extra colours on some of the sheets. I'm hoping to bring them in around the £8 mark plus postage, but please don't hold me to that!! LOL

As soon as I have full details I will tell you - never fear. I don't want to seem elusive, but then again I don't want to give you bad info either.

Jonners

• Like 2

Hi - thanks for the positive response all!

Price wise- its hard to say at present as we need to work out if we need a couple of extra colours on some of the sheets. I'm hoping to bring them in around the £8 mark plus postage, but please don't hold me to that!! LOL

As soon as I have full details I will tell you - never fear. I don't want to seem elusive, but then again I don't want to give you bad info either.

Jonners

Piggy bank looks nervous...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

They look very nice indeed, but I can't tell if the 609 Squadron markings are just crosses or the correct trellis pattern, i.e. there are blue lines through the crosses marking the yellow a continous entity? Not sure I've explained that right but if you look closely at your references you'll see what I mean.

They look very nice indeed, but I can't tell if the 609 Squadron markings are just crosses or the correct trellis pattern, i.e. there are blue lines through the crosses marking the yellow a continous entity? Not sure I've explained that right but if you look closely at your references you'll see what I mean.

HI mate - do you mean like the one in the left hand bar?

609%20sqn%20markings_zpsl4cyberp.jpg

That left bar's right for 609's markings (have a shufti at pictures of WH301 at Hendon).

Is there any danger that you could do sheets of RAF I/d letters in the common colours, styles and sizes for post-war aircraft please? I'm trying to model WH365/D of 611. Squadron using Airfix's shiny new kit and the Xtradecal sheet for Mk. 4s and I can't find a pair of "square" yellow Ds of the right size anywhere.

• Like 1

That left bar's right for 609's markings (have a shufti at pictures of WH301 at Hendon).

Is there any danger that you could do sheets of RAF I/d letters in the common colours, styles and sizes for post-war aircraft please? I'm trying to model WH365/D of 611. Squadron using Airfix's shiny new kit and the Xtradecal sheet for Mk. 4s and I can't find a pair of "square" yellow Ds of the right size anywhere.

HI Steve thanks for the confirmation - we now need to work out if the central join of the trellis on each panel is sharp or like ours. The hendon one is sharp, but Id seen pics of F4s showing our style

Hmmm

Jonners

HI Steve thanks for the confirmation - we now need to work out if the central join of the trellis on each panel is sharp or like ours. The hendon one is sharp, but Id seen pics of F4s showing our style

Hmmm

Jonners

It wouldn't surprise me if you find examples of both styles, dependent on who painted them on and when. I can't get at most of my Meteor references just now, and I have very few pictures of 609's Meteors, but I wonder if the application was different on the Mk. 4s. You could always put examples of both styles on the sheet and leave us to make our choices (dives bravely for cover).

I meant to say earlier that I like the 263 Squadron "flagship" WK911 on your sheet. Looks like I'll need yet another Meteor!

Joiners,

I've found one photo of four of 609s Meteors including WF684/D(?) and WE331(?) showing points rather than flats at top and bottom intersections. '684 has a dark-colored band round her rear fuselage between bars and serial which I suspect is an exercise marking. I can't get a decently clear image to verify all the details but you might do better on British jets dot net.

Steve.

Edited by stever219