Revell Airbus A319 in Retro SAS colours

I bought this kit quite cheaply off of eBay. I also have Retro SAS decals from Nazca. I've never worked with these decals before, but looking at them, they look very matt, so I think a coat of Kleer will be needed.

Anyway although a relatively simple build, I'm going in for another knee op this week, so it will be a bit off and on.

Anyway hope you like.

image_90.jpeg

image_91.jpeg

image_92.jpeg

• Like 4

The moulds from this kit have a lot of excess on them, as a matter of course when snipping the various bits of the kit off I leave a tiny section of the sprue attached as I find it easy to file this down rather than having to fill more.

image_93.jpeg

A lot of detail in such a small kit.

image_94.jpeg

Anyway I bought these files recently which are great.

image_95.jpeg

All the excess filed off the fuselage.

image_96.jpeg

Edited by Dunter1969
  • Like 1

As on my Dreamliner build I prefer the windows filled in also as I'm using an aftermarket decal kit, I found even with the best of decal kits these don't fit 100%.

I find the best way is to put some tape over the window section on the outside and put filler in the inside. This means I'll not need as much filler on the outside hopefully keeping some most of the details.

Please excuse my mucle big hands small parts way of added filler, I'll sand some of this off, before attaching the fuselage together. It's also not on as thick as it looks

image_99.jpeg

image_100.jpeg

Edited by Dunter1969
  • Like 3

This shows how much excess are on some parts. A before and after.

As suggested elsewhere I'm going to try and add the undercarriage in the final stages of the build in order to stop me snapping them off, which I'm bound to do on numerous occasions .

image_97.jpeg

image_98.jpeg

• Like 1

Dang - seems each and every time I peruse Britmodeller, I add something to my shopping list. Those files look great. Always thought I would build this exact scheme, but have never got around to it, so am watching with interest.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Decided to give scribing a go for the first time, the top is before and the bottom afterwards. I may have been a wee bit heavy handed but I think by the time the paints is on it along with the acrylic gloss it should be ok. I've left the doors as they will be covered by a decal.

Cheers

image_109.jpeg

Due to my operation on my knee during the week I haven't done much to the plane, other than finish scribing the body.

Not to bad for my first attempt.

image_111.jpeg

Joined it together, it fitted not to badly with only a couple of areas that will need some work.

image_112.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes, the smaller fairings should be removed. They are for the double-slotted flaps on the A321. Also the panel lines need to be filled (the ones that roughly bisect the smaller fairings).

Cheers,

Andrew

Edit: a couple of photos that hopefully show the differences:

A321: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa/Airbus-A321-131/0641910/L/

You can see the secondary flap that forms the trailing edge of most of the main flap and the smaller fairings that house the flap mechanism. The small gap between the main flap and secondary flap forms the second 'slot', hence the term 'double-slotted'. The gap between the main part of the wing and the main flap being the first slot. :)

A319: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-Airlines/Airbus-A319-114/0429673/L/

Edited by Caution Wake Turbulence
  • Like 1