wannsee

Gentlemen & Fellow Modellers,

I am pleased to announce that the Roden Bristol Britannia in Monarch Airlines livery has now been released. for illustrations of this super model please go to http://www.frogmodelaircraft.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=305

I can also confirm that the VC10 will be released before Christmas. The first version will have decals for a East African & BOAC aircraft with a Tanker version to follow.

Roden do listen to the modeller and I can assure you all that some very exciting releases are in the pipe line, please keep your suggestions coming and I will pass them on.

Please also visit the Frog site at www.frogmodelaircraft.co.uk for other news including a new shop.

The Frog Forum always needs new members so please consider joining.

I hope by now some you you will have built the Roden Britannia and I as well as Roden would be pleased to have your comments.

Thank You and happy Modelling,

Martin

• Like 2

Not Bad....54 visits to the Frog Forum in the space of a few hours! That's more than we get in a month......Please remember to have a look at the Frog Site whilst you are browsing.

The latest page is Spin-A-Prop Motors which can be found at http://www.frogmodelaircraft.co.uk/?page_id=587

I would more than welcome your feedback

Martin

Every so often I get these strange thoughts....... Bristol Super freighter and Tristar...... Oh well I will keep taking the pills :tapedshut:

Ohhh, is this going to be the year of the Tristar? I do hope so...and a super freighter would be nice too.

Caravelle family, perhaps?

Sorry Homebee if I'm replying in the wrong thread or what ever, just too good an opportunity to pass up.

• Like 2

Be careful what you wish for :hmmm:

Good advice. I am carefully wishing for a 1/72 Brittannia, VC-10, Viscount..................................................................!!!!!!! :D

Allan

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

After seeing Mitchem's beautiful Ethiopian Airlines 720B, I just recently started cutting mine off the sprues and i'm very pleased with it so far.

I look forward to the VC-10s.

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a Convair 880 and 990? I live in San Diego, where they are still fondly remembered. When the coughing stops, from all of the smoke......

david

Edited by David H
  • Like 1

A HP Hastings would be nice too please!

I have the original Roden Bristol 175 Britannia with the wrong BOAC decals, and my shop said they did not have replacements, so any suggestions for that please?

Roden do seem to be producing some great kits now for airliner fans.

All the best,

Ray

A Hastings? Well thats an idea....As I always say be careful what you wish for. I should fingers crossed have the first VC10's in my hands later this week

Martin

Ray, I have sent you a pm re: The decals

• Like 2

Wannsee don't forget to post pictures of the VC-10 the second it's in your hands!!

I love when you say be careful what we wish for - that always gives me hope that Roden may actually start filling gaps in the airliner kit market - so let me think what would I wish for...

Caravelle family

DC10 & MD 11 (long shot I know)

Fokker F28

Jeff

• Like 1

I have both Fresin and Roden Brits on the go and although the former is not a "shake &bake " it is looking like a Britannia. The Roden kit is very finely moulded but as yet have only done some dry runs.I sold an Airways Brit last year that i had been coveting with ideas of doing a super build just for self as i worked on them at Manston (Brit Man) at the end of the seventies. The thing that stopped me was 1,it would have taken at least a year to complete and the nowhere to put it when it was done! I can have a shelf full in 1/144th and i have stacks of decals from our friend at 26, 1/144th for me please. And for what it's worth all of thee post war Vickers airliners deserve looking at.

I've got to the point of being ready to paint my Britannia but I'm away at the moment so that'll wait until after Christmas. I really like the kit and have bought quite a few aftermarket decals for it. Plus I've got a few more kits on their way to me.

It's a nice model

Jeff

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a Convair 880 and 990? I live in San Diego, where they are still fondly remembered. When the coughing stops, from all of the smoke......

The 880 and 990 are both available from F-RSIN

Yes Chris, I'm really looking forward to building the Britannia although on the sprue I think it looks a little fat around the nose. Does anyone else agree?

At the moment it's one of my possible options for the Group Build although my itchy fingers might get the better of me before then.