Avantgarde Model Kits 1/48 MiG-25 Foxbat

Radleigh

Just looking at my Kittyhawk kit. Some nice detail but as is known pretty inaccurate in parts, some bad sprue attachments (big attachments on the front intakes and an annoying plastic bauble right on the end of the main nose pitot) and the front fuselage doesn't even fit the rear without a nasty step. I've glued this on with the front intakes a couple of times as they keep falling off.

Hopefully we'll get a decent Foxbat at last. It's amazing it's taking a new smaller company to try and do this famous aircraft justice and no major established manufacturer hasn't given us a new tool of this well known aircraft by now.

Having got an AMK Mig-31 on order and have already bought the Flight Craft book on the Mig-31 in anticipation (excellent book btw), I'm looking forward to this one too. No doubt this Mig-25 will soon be on back order along with the Super Etendard just as soon as it is possible to do so.

Edited by March
  • Like 1

Oh dear.....I think I'll be getting 3 out of these 4!

G91...........Frecce and regular

L39.....gotted bogged down and abandoned MPM (forgot to cut out the boarding step holes, and lost interest....ok kit, but plain)

Foxbat............yes yes yes! The Foxhound was very tempting, but was disappointed it wasn't a -25. Now I'm ecstatic!

Missed the Delphin, glad to see it's being repopped. There's even a real one near me (ex Romanian) to get inspired

Paul

Edited by pommie commie

My F-14 has been 100% shelved with the announcement that AMK are making one tbh! Same as me selling my KH MiG-25! No point fighting a kit when there's going to be a better one along shortly and I've got plenty of other kits to build in the mean time.

• Like 4

I remember people saying the Kittyhawk Foxbat looked good though until people saw it in the flesh. After looking at the Mig 31 though I'm more optimistic about this but still a bit cautious.

Situation is different. Shape issues were identified in the MiG-25 CAD pics and KH didn't fix much or anything. For the MiG-31, people were involved during design so overall accuracy should be less a problem... "less a problem", not "no problem": K-36 seat headrest surprises me a little.

I remember people saying the Kittyhawk Foxbat looked good though until people saw it in the flesh. After looking at the Mig 31 though I'm more optimistic about this but still a bit cautious.

It does look good. Until you try lining the parts together and they don't line up. Or notice the gaping holes where intakes should be.

As I'm head-first in the AMK Mig-31 at the moment, I can say with hand on heart that I'll be having one of these when they arrive, and if they do the 2-seater as well, I believe we should name a national holiday after the designer, Sio ^_^

• Like 2

Situation is different. Shape issues were identified in the MiG-25 CAD pics and KH didn't fix much or anything. For the MiG-31, people were involved during design so overall accuracy should be less a problem... "less a problem", not "no problem": K-36 seat headrest surprises me a little.

It's puzzling why KH didn't do anything about those innaccuracies. Maybe they just wanted to rush it out?

If that's the case it looks like it might have backfired and not to mention the fit problems.

It does look good. Until you try lining the parts together and they don't line up. Or notice the gaping holes where intakes should be.

Tell me about it. The whole front section keeps falling off with me no matter how solidly I glue it. Well when I say solidly it's hard to get the surfaces together. If you stick the front intakes to the fuselage then it leaves a nasty step and is hard to glue and if you stick the intakes onto the rear fuselage the front fuselage is loose.

Tell me about it. The whole front section keeps falling off with me no matter how solidly I glue it. Well when I say solidly it's hard to get the surfaces together. If you stick the front intakes to the fuselage then it leaves a nasty step and is hard to glue and if you stick the intakes onto the rear fuselage the front fuselage is loose.

You must be talking about another manufacturer not us. AMK has yet to release our MiG-25.

You will be very surprised about what we are doing and the fit of the parts.

We have proved that we have gone leaps and bounds from one kit to another. The MiG-31 just released is a new modern marvel according to some reviewers and I expect our MiG-25 to be even better.

KH and AMK are two different companies sir.