Need tips for building a hull of a lobster boat

I haven't looked around this topic much yet, so maybe my question is already answered. I want to build an east coast maritime Canadaian lobster boat. They range in lengths up to about 40". I want to de the more simpler ones, not the big ones since I don't have access to them except on vacation one week of the year and I'm land locked in Winnipeg. My main question is making the hull. More recent ones are fibreglass and some even gelcoat, older ones were traditional wood. I gaven't done any ship scratchbuilding yet and I'm not perfect with vac forming and wood carving. I do have a decent belt sander and a friend who does home renovations with a good amount of wood tools.Just looking for suggestions. If you do a search for maritime Canada, east coast lobster boats, Nova Scotia, PEI, etc, you'll see them. Each region of each province has it's own little variation.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

Prety much those types.

What size/scale are you looking to build it

Kev

Forgot to add that, like to do 1/24, 1/25, maybe 1/50, depends how much of a wharf I want to make. I'm more used to 1/24 though.

If you scroll down that link to plans there is a book featured on how to scratchbuild one of these boats, according to the reviews it is very helpful. MODeller

Thanks, I guess I should find one of those books. Boating is new to me, mostly build aircraft and trucks.

Those seem ggod dor a base, yes a

Those are good for a base, yes a lot bigger, it'll likely just be a static model, eventually maybe an r/c. here's a couple I just saw for sale on kijiji.

1996_34_Fishing_boat_wood_with_epoxy_fin

1996_34_Fishing_boat_wood_with_epoxy_fin

the first one is a 36', the second in 34' These are Nova Scotia specific, note the higher bow.

This is one typical of PEI, they tend to look like a floating 5T flatbed truck. Also note the longer smoother lines of the top of the hull. I was surprised by how different each region is. Maine boats have a similar hull but everything else is different.

image.jpg

I have more pictures of each.

Edited by busnproplinerfan