U-Boat Crew. 1:72

Shar2

U-Boat Crew
Revell 1:72

boxart.jpg

First included in the second release of the 1:72 Type VIIc “Wolfpack” this set of vinyl figures will make a nice addition to any 1:72 vessel, whether it be a U-Boat or S-Boat. The real problem lies in the fact that they are moulded in blue vinyl. This makes the detail on the figures quite soft and not as sharp as a resin or injection moulded figure would be. The other problem is that the vinyl really doesn’t take paint well. The modeller will need to give them a really good wash in warm soapy water to remove any mould release agent, and then give them a coat of acrylic primer before adding the top coat and detail paints. Although you get fifty crew figures in the pack, there are only fifteen different poses. This will limit the number you can add to your model to either those on patrol, or those returning from patrol. Admittedly if your are building a diorama, a lot more of the pack can be utilised. One very minor point is that one group of officers are moulded with their collars open, this was generally only a privilege given to senior staff officers, not their subordinates. Overall though a useful set, just a shame they used an awful material to paint easily.

crew.jpg

logo-revell-2009.gif t_logo-a.png or facebook.gif

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up Dave, to be honest i havent even looked at my set in my VIIC, was wondering wether this was a re-release, which youve confirmed as so.

Probably paint mine with acrylic paints as they seem better suited to vinyl, Vallejo surface primer good forpriming.

All the best Chris