Italeri Stirling MK1(& Guitars !), Will it make it to Telford !

Well I have a few jobs but one is mental health care work and on the nights it usually (hopefully) is quiet as long as it does not kick off.

I hope that's the case tonight as I have just encountered the engine fit problem ! Now I have to make them fit and reaming the things out.

While searching for the Stirling pictures for some reason this turned up I have no idea who or what she is but would prefer she come with the kit it's looks like she would be able to handle a Stirling alight !

625A53E7-A164-489D-B405-CC04E98943EF_zps

I have used up as many of the eduard masks as possible , left blank the ones I believe are painted over and now making up the rest with double laminates of tamiya tape to make them more robust for cutting and drawing over the gaps.

3AA107B3-A86B-4684-9791-4A4FDB5DE414_zps

CB0AF727-BB18-49A7-9B16-7107ED96A12F_zps

Cheers Rob more posts later :)

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 6

Until today I had regard for your taste in the fairer se... er gender

tonight I'm less convinced still :(

gerronwivit, black on tonight take it to work and green it up then brown it tomorrow pm

Only need to get the decalcomanies on then

Three o'clock Sattiday Morning

Or finish on site Sat am

About time there was some real modelling in the show, not just the clever demo stuff we all love ;)

• Like 1

Cheers Perdu my taste in the fairer Gender is varied so many nice ones out there (and a lot more bad'ns !! )

Nearly done the masking, engines are a NIGHTMARE. !!!! , primer then green then brown then black or "night" as I believe they called it.

Then it's just turrets and wheels !

Oh and decalomanys !! Cool

Cheers Rob :)

• Like 2

Looking good Rob. :)

Well, I'm making the trip to Telford on Saturday. It will be my first show, don't know what to expect, but I've compiled a shopping list!

I'm on something of a Flanker and F-14 binge lately. Oh, and collecting some B-1B aftermarket goodies from the Hannants stand. Although I won't contemplate building that devil until I have a bigger house. It's the only model I've seen that requires an actual aircraft hanger to store it in...

To get them on you need to ream our the edges and angle off the front internal parts , each fits differently the engine parts feel like a short run kit. Woeful completed to the fit of the rest of the kit which in the main is very good. Not Tamiya and not as good as modern Airfix (Hornby ;) ) feels like an old Revell kit from the 80s :)

0DBE95CF-6F2E-4C36-9440-01E6D67D3E2D_zps

24C18EAA-DBB3-4A5E-8269-263B71CF6F2E_zps

D3DE9E90-D9F9-473B-8D29-6358EF0F9605_zps

More set backs as tommorow I have a hospital appointment looks like it's a 3 am job again :(

• Like 4

See, if you'd spent one less night at t'pub, you'd be done now. ;)

And your pirate maiden is a little scary.

(Ace, I've nicked that meme. Thanks.)

Possibly but then possibly not I'd had my fill for the day at that point and it was this kit that drove me to drink lol :)

I really am up against it now. Im gonna try all I can though. Hospital first then back at it till the small hours I guess. It's gonna look like a dog compared to Neil , Andy and Pauls I desperately want it done though as the more the merrier :)

Now !

47F385AB-6449-4956-955E-E1E3580699DE_zps

Priming time at last just made a little balls up that may compromise the final finish ! On the upper surface , sod it too late now she has to be there whatever even is she is a tatty piece

Those engines are the time killer !!!

It's like different people worked on different parts of the kit the main parts are good but the little parts for the engines are of such poor quality and design it begars beliefs for a modern kit.

It feels like they almost rushed it to get it out before a competitor released something superior ! Wonder if an Airfix job is in the wings ! :)

• Like 7

Good luck Rob! Hope you can get it to stage you are reasonably happy with - but don't make yourself feel ill so it spoils the weekend!

Have a good'un!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Good luck Rob! Hope you can get it to stage you are reasonably happy with - but don't make yourself feel ill so it spoils the weekend!

Have a good'un!

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Mate I will be reasonable about it. Its not going to be a great build but this was all about the fun of trying and wanting to take part more than anything else.

I wish I had more time to spend on it this year but its been a crazy year that has seen little modelling.

Just making the props which will likely be plain black for now I can add the yellow later. I will also leave all the etch off the turrets.

Wonder if there was a Sterling called "Plane Jane" as that is very much what this shall be.

Cheers Rob , (blue tak sausage time )

• Like 2

OR you could bring the part painted model with you and give us a demo of Robvulcan painting techniques so we can all see how you get such great finishes with hairy sticks! :)

• Like 4

Ced that might be an option however im ising tamiya and Humbrol rattle cans today :)

Woody I fee your pain im hoping to get her near done for 1am but it's a gamble, anyone opening books again ?

So far !

61128095-415F-452E-8D2A-41C0642AD5B8_zps

AC9943D5-3ABE-48FB-A010-783FC8850903_zps

D4FA173B-B007-42A7-87B7-689C4A51BFFF_zps

04A93898-4996-43B5-BBB6-0D5911E4403D_zps

Tamiya AS-9 Humbrol 29 over Halford primer normal stuff which managed to make a balls of the top surface with !

Cheers Rov :)

• Like 9

I really hope you get her done Rob,

I've just literally finished up my Shackleton and it's been stressful enough. What you can do in a night would take me a week!

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow, just got to ferry this Shack to Telford in one piece!

• Like 1

So near and yet so far I tried damn hard to get this beast done so close but if I go at it any more it's gonna end in tears so im sorry to say she won't make it to Telford !

Well I will try for Sunday but im not promising :(

Thanks for the support it was fun trying working in the shed :)

F6C49C26-292B-4F74-93D1-A1F9858C8FB4_zps

03CD1F9A-CC9E-45BF-8C3F-3E8E2413CB82_zps

7745D66B-B91E-4268-9724-1ED2DAF125EB_zps

• Like 7