Will Airfix do any of these in 1/72 ( new Tool)?

Steven Corvi

I am wondering since Airfix did a very ncie job on the 1/72 Supermarine Swift (and 1/48 Sea Vixe)... if they will be doing any new tool kits of these in 1/72 or even 1/48??:

-Sea Venom (desperately needed--the Cyberhoby kit is not very good)

-Supermarine Scimitar (only recent kits are the CMR and Xtrakit)

-Blackburn Buccaneer

1/48 Hunter & Sea Venom (again)

Any ideas guys?

Steve

Edited by Steven Corvi

I would love to see a new tool Bucc in both 1/72nd (first) then 1/48th.

A Venom FB.1/4 would be preferred over a Sea Venom in those scales.

I've never understood the appeal of the Scimitar so I'd quite happily live without one of those if it meant I got the Venom and Bucc

I doubt they'd do a new Buccaneer in 1/48, they might reissue the old one.

With the Scimitar down at Yeovilton you'd like to think they would do one eventually. They did a Sea Vixen so why not?

I don't think a new tool 1/72 Buccaneer would be out of the question considering the old one was such a consistent seller over the years. If they just reworked the airframe and released it with the new weapons from the last batch they could save on tooling.

I hope it's at least on their "To consider" pile, along with a UK Phantom, 1/72 Javelin, later model Anson, Argosy (Long shot I know), Beech King Air, JP5/Strikemaster (Retool or re-release.) etc. etc.

I've never understood the appeal of the Scimitar so I'd quite happily live without one of those if it meant I got the Venom and Bucc

Not just sacrilege. but nigh on outright blasphemy, have you forgotten it was the last Supermarine fighter.

• Like 6

Once again a lack of imagination, even more surprising considering it's RAF types... :)

A few of the missing or rarely seen links for the MOD serial number collectors:

Handley Page Marathon

Avro Athena

Beagle Husky

As well as a selected whirlibirds to keep them fine folkes amused...

Saro Skeeter

Augusta A109/AW109

Eurocopter Squirrel & Twin Squirrel

Bell Griffin

Edited by dpm1did1
  • Like 1

Oh dear we do all sound SO ungrateful for wot we got orready don't us...

but OK

Bev, Arg, Bel, Syc, Whi, Wes, Bas, Pem, Pri/Sea Pri, Was, Sco, Ske ....

The list could go on, I forgot the Flying Pig after all

I'd QUITE like A Scim, not sure about the Swift even now we've got it, how about another couple of Hunters? T-bird with the right shape maybe ;)

You could say but there's already Wessex in a variety, I'd point out that all we have as yet is polystyrene junk, guaranteed to put off any poor b==ger that embarks on them

So Matt at Airfix, here's a few to play with, we do all want VC10s, real Victors and a new great Vulcan to add to this year's outstanding release for Telford

The New Mould Buccaneer, in three scales

funny we're all differently the same isn't it ;)

A Twin Pioneer would be nice. Along with a Hastings and Venom. Well anything RAF I will take 3 of :) if the bank lets me haha

The Hastings will appear around year end, but not by Airfix. Mel should have the masters ready just after Telford. The prototype should be on display there.

• Like 1

Ok I will show an absolute lack of imagination and understanding of lesser known types and hope that Airfix above all else give us a NEW TOOL

VULCAN !

And anything else they fancy. At least if they do a Vulcan they will sell more paint to cover the area !. I also never knew that Comic Sans font was on here and I am keeping it this way now because its more fun !

:) Phantom would be nice too and maybe a Lightning 2 Seater please :)

So Matt at Airfix, here's a few to play with, we do all want VC10s, real Victors and a new great Vulcan to add to this year's outstanding release for Telford

The New Mould Buccaneer, in three scales

funny we're all differently the same isn't it ;)

I'm going to play the Pantomime card...

"...oh no we don't..."

I could happily miss the usual suspects as I prefer things I don't see in 100000000 other WIP threads.

I also believe a rush to release all the 'most wanted' in quick order would result in an over UK-centric large/esoteric catalogue, a huge boost on release, a slow derth of sales later. Better to keep up the current 'few boring then 1 demanded' release schedule - it also means you have time to gossip about 'was it scanning a Phantom?' or'ooh a shack...' before the next one is announced (can't do that if it's drooling every 2 weeks!)

Nothing against the Vs et al but please not at the expense of the Kate's and co.

Where's the Aichi D3A Val to complete the Pearl Harbour set?

Edited by dpm1did1
  • Like 1

I am wondering since Airfix did a very ncie job on the 1/72 Supermarine Swift (and 1/48 Sea Vixe)... if they will be doing any new tool kits of these in 1/72 or even 1/48??:

-Sea Venom (desperately needed--the Cyberhoby kit is not very good)

-Supermarine Scimitar (only recent kits are the CMR and Xtrakit)

-Blackburn Buccaneer

1/48 Hunter & Sea Venom (again)

Any ideas guys?

Steve

I suspect they will re-do the Buccaneer, their Original NA-39 was popular and they revamped that in 86 to create the current kit. They have had the revised boxing with the additional sprues and decals in the last 10 years, however its a type worthy of bringing up to their latest standards.

The Scimitar would be nice, as the Xtrakit one is a little basic.

They may actually look at FAA types with the run up to the new Carriers going into service, to tie in with the renewed interest. Obviously the Phantom & Buccaneer S2, Sea Vixen and Buccaneer S1/S2, Sea Vixen FAW1 and Scimitar, Sea Venom and Sea Hawk.

however I expect that would be over a number of years to do that.

• Like 1