Imperial Russian Air Sevice

plasticslapper

Hello This is my first post here so forgive me if I ramble some.

I am into a sub-set(?) of WW1 modeling, the Eastern front.

I have a couple of ICM's old ILYA MUROMETZ kits; as well as a very old Emhar Anatra Anasal DS kit in 1/72 scale. This is all well and good however, the Anasal kit has Check. decals.

I keep hoping that somehow WNW will apply the magic to a Nieuport and include the famous "bob" markings along with a decent set of roundels.

To end this excess rambling I guess I just want to know who make decals, or kits from the I.R.A.S. 1/72 - 1/32 would be welcome.

Thank you, and it is a privilege to get to join your group, as your hints and tips have helped be turn out finished kits instead of wall-slammers!

Fraid I can't help with 1/72 and 1/32 but I believe the limited edition Eduard 1/48 'Nieuport in Russian Service' comes with the Bob decals and I believe that, in the for sale section on here, 'Vonkeyvong' has one for sale.

Blue Rider have several sheets in 1/72 that cover IRAS aircraft. As for kits there are the Eastern Express Sopwith Strutters, Sikorsky S.16, Bleriot XI monoplane, Morane Saulnier J and Nieuport 11 and 16. Eduard do the Nieuport 17 and 23 while Roden do the later 24 and 27 although the earlier versions were most prevalent on the Eastern Front. AZ offer the Morane Saulnier L parasol and the G and H monoplanes. A Model have the Nieuport IV and HR do the Nieuport 10 in IRAS guise. These are all in 1/72 and the Eduard Nieuport 23 has the Bob option as well. The Spad VII was used by the IRAS and the Airfix kit is easy to find and there are Russian options from MAC I believe. The above are all injection kits but aircraft such as the Voisin 111 pusher are made as vac forms and Farman pushers have been seen as resin kits. Not forgetting conversions, the Anasal can be converted into the earlier Anade and Anakler, and several German types, Albatros B and C's predominantly, were refurbished and issued to IRAS units.

HTH, Steve

Edited by stevehed
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

hya

I just brought from ebay three sets of 1/72 russian transfers for the N 11, 21 and type 'N' these are from 'Begemot' who do these in 1/48 and 1/32 scale too, but to answer your question they did do one for 'bob' only, but ive just looked on ebay with no luck thou, only thing i can suggest is a seach on the web for 'begemot decals pictures' download what you need then print on clear decal sheets(ebay), I'm also doing IRAS up to the civil war, im only after the resin models now (a lotto win would help with prices), 'Obsessed member' has covered most of them for you.

One question, what was the colour/tone of the fabric for DUK? aircraft i got the impression it was similer to the french a yellow/mustard colour, the murometz (source Harry Woodman) being a creamie/white.

regards

barmybrumie

The Ilya Muromets kit is hopelessly inaccurate and needs major mods to make it look like the real thing. I have a thread in the WIP section which I started a couple of years ago, detailing the changes needed (per Harry Woodman) and I'll be resurrecting that build as soon as I finish the RE8. Hopefully it will be of use. The other comments above pretty much cover other available Eastern Front options.

Ian

Hi Obsessed members

I thought that ICM was a retooled/up dated Maquette model which had alot of faults but with work can be ok thou, if i remember right in FineScale modeller, a scratch build was done using Harry Woodman info/tips/notes plus plans, av one myself if i can find it! Also theres still Lya Muromets windsock info/plans on sale both on ebay and at windsock if that helps

B.Brumie

Edited by BarmyBrumie

• 4 months later...

In Russia, the company Begemot, has released decal Nieuport 21 in service in Russia in scale of 1/48. In the future it is planned to release the decal on all types of Nieuport Russian Imperial Army, the White and the Red Army.

image_zps0bys6gpe.jpeg