Revell Halifax -Coastal Command.

stevej60

Hi Steve. I'm beginning to think we should call it Stevej60's Britmodeller!! I'd forgotten about you having this one on the go as well! Looking very nice it is too!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank,s Stix,I must admit sometimes I get sick of seeing myself here too much, but being a lone modeller for so many years it,s a

whole new world to me!

• Like 5

Afternoon folk's finally finished the main paintwork and should start to make more progress now.Just a few touch up's here and there

and I can start to prepare for a gloss coat,thank,s for looking in.

DSCN0128%20640x480_zpshr6wkao1.jpg

• Like 7

Hi folk,s just a bit more done,Without swearing once I struggled and won over the U/c stage so leaving to thoroughly dry for a day or

two.I have gone for the four prop option I may have got it wrong but the very few photo's of late war aircraft seem to be mainly in this

configuration,so popped her all together for an update photo.thank's for looking in.

DSCN0149%20640x480_zpsk0mfxbdn.jpg

DSCN0152%20640x480_zps1go1w1ah.jpg

• Like 10

Morning folk,s a little more progress,off camera some of the turret assemblies have been started I hope to photo update tomorrow and some glossing

and a decal or two added just to get the effect of what she,ll look like finished,thanks for popping in.

DSCN0180%20640x480_zps8u8uz17e.jpg

• Like 10

Looking good Steve.

I'm afraid your build made me buy a couple of these from Telford, well they were a good deal. Bit difficult to smuggle in though! You are a very bad man for making me want one, it's all your fault :winkgrin: .

Craig.

Enjoy Craig,they are a nice vice free build! And don.t worry I blame everyone here on BM for making me buy all these kit's too!

• Like 1

Morning folk's a little update as I,m now at the "adding all the fiddly bit;s" stage. Before the canopy goes on I've added the framework Tony has

reminded us to put in place due to Revell missing it on the kit's sprues,and mixed a dark gray wash to bring out the recessed detail,s I will go a

shade or two lighter on the white area;s.Thank's for popping in.

DSCN0248%20640x480_zps0ea5iycb.jpg

DSCN0253%20640x480_zps8wjagq4k.jpg

• Like 9

Morning folk's just a quickie as last session till next week as big weekend ahead(eldest's wedding) took the plunge and permanently fixed the wing's

in place and added the remaining main decals so next job will be a wash on all that white!

DSCN0255%20640x480_zps2nrb1ah3.jpg

• Like 7

Great work Steve, Love the Halifax and I am really taken with doing a Revell one. I hear they have some accuracy issues but still looks like a Halifax to me :)

They look smart in the Coastal Scheme :)

• Like 1

That is looking very nice indeed! I really need to get this on the build list.... Need to find more space as well! Currently all my builds are hidden in a 50's style sideboard

Congratulations on the eldest and good luck for the big day!

Rob

• Like 1