Revell Halifax -Coastal Command.

stevej60

Hi folk,s funny thing coincidence I reached into a pile of magazines to take to the "reading room" and this copy of

SAM accompanied me to said room.there is as can be seen an excellent build on the cover and inside by

Tony O'Toole (I,m sure I know that name from somewhere)! Anyway the only big 72 scale kit in my collection is

Revell's newish tooling which has sat in the wardrobe for a couple of year,s so despite it's well known issues I saw

it as a sign to finally build it.

Much as I love the Coastal Command scheme I am building the Bomber Command

earlier version and live with those issues and if I can finish it maybe move on to a couple of other Heavies in the

future.I have managed to break my camers so for now here's the box SDC14715%20600x450_zps53syxlrr.jpgtop.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 12

Great choice Steve, although I am surprised you have any room left in your home for a 1/144 kit, let alone a mastodon like the Halifax, taking into account the rate at which you are churning out finished models!!!

Known issues notwithstanding, it is a beautiful plane!

I shall be peeping from time to time, if I may...

Have fun!

JR

• Like 1

Does this mean more nautical neglect?

Definitely not Darby,I got the last few pieces on the fishing trawler so she,s almost done and I still want to start the USS Oliver H Perry

in the next week or so.

Great choice Steve, although I am surprised you have any room left in your home for a 1/144 kit, let alone a mastodon like the Halifax, taking into account the rate at which you are churning out finished models!!!

Known issues notwithstanding, it is a beautiful plane!

I shall be peeping from time to time, if I may...

Have fun!

JR

There's not a lot of shelf space left in the loft room Jean!

Something a bit different for you Steve, I shall pop in on this if I may, I am fond of a heavy or two

Rob

Thank,s Rob,I,ll be bulk buying the black paint and starting tomorrow.

Me too, I have one in the stash as well so looking out for problems / tips :):popcorn:

Great Ced I,m thinking about a month build.

• Like 2

Hi Steve; I'm in :popcorn:

I'd like to do a couple of heavies myself; got the B.II Lanc in the stash, plus a Mk.I Sunderland... it's just the commitment of time that puts me off starting one of them. Hopefully I might be inspired after following your build, if not I'd still like to see how the Halibag kit goes together.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Good effort Steve,

Looking forward to your build mate. Why don`t you have a splurge and buy the Freightdog Resin update, it will help it to look much better and the bits don`t require any cutting as they just slot straight in.

I`m currently painting another one with the Freightdog parts included along with their Tollerton nose fairing,

Looking forward to your next update,...you modelling machine you!

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

Good effort Steve,

Looking forward to your build mate. Why don`t you have a splurge and buy the Freightdog Resin update, it will help it to look much better and the bits don`t require any cutting as they just slot straight in.

I`m currently painting another one with the Freightdog parts included along with their Tollerton nose fairing,

Looking forward to your next update,...you modelling machine you!

Cheers,

Tony

Thank,s Tony I think I,ll go for a straight OOB warts'n all,I will be happy if I can get her finished my only previous attempts at four engined

types have been bin jobs!

Can I ask that you edit the title to say that it is the Mk.II not the newer Mk.III? Admittedly, many of the parts are the same.

Done Graham,I like the look of the new MkIII,although it seems to suffer some faults from what I,m reading.

Edited by stevej60

Hi folk,s in the words of a well known TV character "I don't believe it" ! I was just patting myself on the back for the progress I had made

with this build when I realised that the front engine intakes that I had fitted were wrong for the early Mk I was modelling and as usual

the parts needed were in the now emptied bin and long gone,thank god I had not thrown away the later tail assembly so I am back to

my original wish which was that lovely White Coastal command scheme so for those looking forward to the Bomber Command scheme

my deepest apologies but I will make amends as my eldest has just given me Revells Lancaster which I will build next.My new camera

is here so I will post the progress so far tomorrow.Of course there is an upside as I can now put the new MkIII on the Christmas list!

• Like 3