SCW Fiat G.50 (AML 1/72 Kit Build)

Kiwikitbasher

An impressive build that resulted in a great looking model, thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I'm glad it was of interest. I'm about to have a change of pace with an Airfix Javelin FAW.9 (1/72 of course), hopefully it will be straightforward compared to the Fiat.

• Like 1

Finished at Last!

Congratulations for finishing such a pretty model from a very challenging kit! I'm aware of the problems except the early hood as I have been building one on and off during several years. It is now in the primer stage. Maybe I now get motivation to finally fin(n)ish her!

Cheers,

AaCee

Congratulations for finishing such a pretty model from a very challenging kit! I'm aware of the problems except the early hood as I have been building one on and off during several years. It is now in the primer stage. Maybe I now get motivation to finally fin(n)ish her!

Cheers,

AaCee

Thanks AaCee,

I generally enjoyed the build, and feel that the result was worthwhile. I'd definitely encourage you to finish your one. I too have a Finnish one to build, which will be a lot easier with this one under my belt.

Fripping heck Mark, that is just gob smackingly well done. I think I'll stay with my Airfix one, inaccuracies not withstanding. I know my limitations. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve, Glad you liked it. To be honest it w as not as big a drama to build as it may appear to have been. Mainly just a lot of trimming thick parts to make them fit OK.

• Like 1

I generally enjoyed the build, and feel that the result was worthwhile. I'd definitely encourage you to finish your one. I too have a Finnish one to build, which will be a lot easier with this one under my belt.

Hi Mark,

I have the open cockpit version which upper fuselage part needed quite a lot of filing and some putty even though I cut it into two parts just behind the cockpit side doors. Next ting to do is adding the struts into the middle wing already trilled intakes.

I have also thought that the second one to build would be much easier!

Cheers,

AaCee

Hi Mark,

I have the open cockpit version which upper fuselage part needed quite a lot of filing and some putty even though I cut it into two parts just behind the cockpit side doors. Next ting to do is adding the struts into the middle wing already trilled intakes.

I have also thought that the second one to build would be much easier!

Cheers,

AaCee

Oh, so you've built one before; which version was your first one?

Oh, so you've built one before; which version was your first one?

Oh, sorry to be unclear. This is my first one. Second would certainly be easier. If I ever built one more from this kit it will be the camel hump version. Or I just wait Airfisx to replace their old with a new one :winkgrin:

Cheers,

AaCee

Oh, sorry to be unclear. This is my first one. Second would certainly be easier. If I ever built one more from this kit it will be the camel hump version. Or I just wait Airfisx to replace their old with a new one :winkgrin:

Cheers,

AaCee

Understood, it was "I have also thought that the second one to build would be much easier!" that threw me.

Although Italian aircraft and the SCW is not my normal area of interest, I really enjoyed following this thread. Some quite impressive workmanship displayed, and a splendid model as the result. Congrats!

Although Italian aircraft and the SCW is not my normal area of interest, I really enjoyed following this thread. Some quite impressive workmanship displayed, and a splendid model as the result. Congrats!

Thanks Sten, glad you found it interesting.

Understood, it was "I have also thought that the second one to build would be much easier!" that threw me.

Yes, now I know to thin other lower wing tip inside, sand all seams flat as well as slightly sand exterior surfaces, add metal rods for tail surfaces etc. In fact I just recently found a Dujn correction kit (cowling, fuselage halves etc.) for Airfix. I might consider using it with the AML next time.

Cheers,

AaCee

Hi AaCee, I didn't know Dujin did a corrected fuselage & cowl for the Airfix kit, that's interesting to know, thanks. By the way, I found my tail surfaces went on fine and strong without reinforcement, but of course there's no harm in some extra insurance.

• 1 month later...